Just gatta vent about something.

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
candymancan

Just gatta vent about something.

Post by candymancan »

So my girlfriend and I have been visiting my mom for the last few weeks and tonight something scary happened.

My gf was making dinner for my mom and she cut two of her fingers on the can lid deeply and i was upstairs. I come down and shes collapsed on the floor. I ran to her and saw blood on her hands and the lid and spilled tomatos.

I asked if she was ok and what happened and she didnt respond. She acted like someone intoxicated with a 50$ bottle of jack daniels.

She didnt know where she was or what happened. So i grabbed a towel and wrapped her fingers and squeezed to stop her bleeding. And she kept trying to take the towel off and look. I told her to stop and lifted her up and put her on the bed and i was very close to calling 911. But she started coming back and said she didnt want it and she was beggining to be ok so i didnt call.

My mom got home in the middle of all this and i gatta tell you. Im not sure why i am even here visiting her. My mom the last 12 years has changed and has these manic nasty bipolar episodes.
She thinks everyone is against her. She hates any gf i have. She hates my brothers wife. Her family. Never gets along with anyone.

One week shes nice. The next week i dont know who she is. She a tyrant. And i didnt even do anything. I sware she is bipolar or something. Stress gets to her from work and other things but thats besides the point.

When i told her what was going on. She just found a few bandaids and went to get somrthing to eat. And said my gf is wsird.. acting like she was making it up.. why would someone pass out over a little cut she said. I couldnt believe as she was stuffing her face how cold she was acting. And acting nasty to me.

She needs help i think but she refuses to acknolwedge anything is wrong. She thinks its me. And my gf. And everyone else around her.

Im sorry for posting this but im just at my wits end with this and my mom. I think she needs medical help but she thinks im nuts for mentioning it

I mean cuts and blood dont bug me. Ive cut my fingers so deep from working on the Jeep or as a kid so deep i gushed blood the skin was flapping. I just wrap it. Stop the bleeding and it heals with a scar. Oh well to me but i think my gf is anemic.

My brother has noticed this too when it comes to my mom Seems once a week outa a month she gets into these moods whereshe hates everyone everything. And think everything is out to screw her or steal from her. Or plotting against her. Its strange
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

coolhand75

Re: Just gatta vent about something.

Post by coolhand75 »

Sorry to here that. My wife once cut her finger when she was pregnant and passed out in my arms. One thing I can tell you people are crazy. Don’t matter if your related or not people are just plan crazy in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProTouring442

Post by ProTouring442 »

Mental illness can be... well... crazy. When the human mind goes wrong, it can really go wrong. It can, and frequently is, terrifying. I agree, it sounds like your mom needs help. An unsolicited bit of advice would be to have your other family members and you all get together with her during a time when she is really lucid and together, and see if you cannot convince her to go to the doctor. You'll want to go with her (the more, the better), and bring a list of events that concern you.

As for passing out, I had a friend who was absolutely "Mr. Macho." He passed out anytime he got a shot, though.

letank

Post by letank »

X2 as above,

Sorry to read about this ordeal. Yes, many people will faint seeing blood, regardless of their physical fitness...

We are living a challenging period and people's personality and shortcomings have been magnified, I can see it around, no excuses, no empathy... mostly barking...

Nobody wants to go to the ER or to the hospital...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

Some people do fake stuff like this to your moms defense..... BUT it's never to be taken lightly even the person who cries wolf is bound to be honest once in awhile.

Now for fact, your GF wife or what ever she is needs to be seen by a doctor. Somthing like this is a bad sign say you two get pregnant. The drs will want and need to be aware! Your mom is your mom regardless YOU WILL ALLWAYS BE HER BABY and NO GIRL WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER BABY!

Time will only help this with HER (your significant others patience and willingness) otherwise your mom maybe right!
I'm sure your inlaws may feel the same way even if hidden.

My moms put it all out on the table they aren't shy have never excepted 100% of the girls/women I choose for what reason. Doesn't matter though, your a grown man can make your own choices with input or without! Set boundaries with your family and hd your ground to your beliefs and self interest!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I’ll just echo what everyone else is saying; mental illness is very difficult to deal with no matter what the diagnosis/prognosis might be.

As for fainting over blood, that’s pretty common. I broke my nose at work 2 years ago and in addition to it be moved 1/4 inch off, I sustained a concussion and had to go though some L and I protocol for quite some time.

Although there was no blood, just the minor disfigurement was enough to send some folks running the other way, which surprised me as I had never encountered that before. I set my nose in the bathroom and my boss drove me to the hospital to get checked out.

When it comes to physical trauma, some folks can’t handle it.

I won’t tell you too many details about the staff NCO tank commander in the 1st gulf war who curled up in the fetal position and cried like a baby in that bottom of the Abrams when that tank rode into battle and nearly cost the crew it’s life.

You just never know.

The good news it it sounds like you handled it like a pro, and your girlfriend made a decent recovery. Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Cheapthrills wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 am Some people do fake stuff like this to your moms defense..... BUT it's never to be taken lightly even the person who cries wolf is bound to be honest once in awhile.

Now for fact, your GF wife or what ever she is needs to be seen by a doctor. Somthing like this is a bad sign say you two get pregnant. The drs will want and need to be aware! Your mom is your mom regardless YOU WILL ALLWAYS BE HER BABY and NO GIRL WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER BABY!

Time will only help this with HER (your significant others patience and willingness) otherwise your mom maybe right!
I'm sure your inlaws may feel the same way even if hidden.

My moms put it all out on the table they aren't shy have never excepted 100% of the girls/women I choose for what reason. Doesn't matter though, your a grown man can make your own choices with input or without! Set boundaries with your family and hd your ground to your beliefs and self interest!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well i even thought it was weird she passed out like that almost. Because i cut my finger just as bad on a box cutter razor blade blade on when i was messing with the fuel lines on the fuel filter by the carb on my fsj.

She didnt pass out or act weird there. But maybe its because this happened physically to her. And the other one was me.

As for kids. Im 35 shes 41 she dont want kids. I sure as hell dont lol so thatll never happen hah.

But ya i wondered if she was faking this. But besides this. My mom for a few years has bee acting like this. The last week or two shes been ok. But im waiting for the next day she will have this weird mental episode over something. My brother doesnt even 2ant to visit anymore because of how she acts.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

oregonphil

Post by oregonphil »

Your mom needs to see her doctor, seriously, about that age my mother had a brain tumor, nobody including her realized it until it was too late, years later. Sadly we all thought she was just getting loony in her old age. I could be way off base, but please encourage her to see her doctor.

Phil
77sj 401 warmed over
72 Commando basically stock
07 Siena should last forever
76 FLH just for fun

threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Sometimes we can learn and grow the most from the difficult people in our lives. My father was the nemesis of both me and my mother. We both suffered great cost in our dealings with him throughout much of our lives. The valuable resource that I gained from him was not easy to see until I grew older. In a way I think my mother has gained too.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.