Crimper die ?

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
letank

Crimper die ?

Post by letank »

which one do I need to reproduce this crimp?

I have been fiddling with various crimper dies, and cannot find any good info while searching... for 16-18 gauge wires

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

tgreese

Re: Crimper die ?

Post by tgreese »

Do you have a source for that specific connector? I would expect various ratcheting crimpers would include that connector by name, if applicable.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
letank

Re: Crimper die ?

Post by letank »

tgreese wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:02 am Do you have a source for that specific connector? I would expect various ratcheting crimpers would include that connector by name, if applicable.
Yes, I have the copper clip, but my crimper (astro9477) does not really do a perfect job for this task, even practicing on the bench. It is a broken wire in a tight spot, and there is no easy way to pull all the wiring from behind the hatch cover or the quarter panel cover. I managed to use a butt splice, but it is too long, the wires flex as the hatch is closed... I tried soldering a few years ago and realized that the light was out again a few weeks ago...

[/attachment]
Bust3rdBrkWrCVC.jpg
Thank you

Adding the bits for clarification
[/attachment]
CrimpB.jpg
Found the company sales contact, and send them picts after a call...

Result: they do not make a C crimp for the lug crimp.

I'll probably let the repair fail and deal with it at that time, it is the third brake light, the vehicle has 4 more brake lights.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)