Pinched nerves... worst pain in the world by far

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
candymancan

Pinched nerves... worst pain in the world by far

Post by candymancan »

After working on my wagoneers frame and body mounts nad springs ect for 4 weeks straight daily i pinched two nerves in my neck... Happened about 7 days ago.

Lemme tell you guys its the worst most excrutiating pain in the world. Pinched nerve in the upper neck along with muscle tightness and spasms... I couldnt turn my neck or look up or down. I was standing up hunched up shoulders.. neck slanted tightened back to keep from screaming. im screaming like a dying animal lol

The other one is in my lower neck and tight lnotted rhomboid muscle between the neck.back and shoulder blade. So bad it pinched the radial nerve going to my arm. Its the nerve on top of the arm going into the elbow down the bottom of the arm through the arm pit. OMG its so bad my arm muscles. Chest and arm pit muscle spasm randomly. And tense up. I havent been able to feel my pointing and middle finder for 7 days now as theyre numb.

The muscles tense up so much that they are now tired and in constant pain frim the tensing.

Im sure you guys have had your leg muscle tense where you gatta straighten the leg wuickly before it hurts badly.. imagine that in your arm chest and back 24.7 non stop without lossening up even when trying to sleep.

Ive taken a total of 60 asprins. 4 aleve.. and 6 high dose acemetophene and it barely helps lol. Even took some nerve medicine and it didnt help much either.

Was told to do arm and back stretches.. been trying everything.. and nothing helps. Cant lay down in any position. Sitting up helps to a point. Cant sleep or put on a shirt. Or kneel down to pick something up. Can barely wipe lol.

Finally 3 days ago i decided to try something. Forced myself painfully to lay on my chest head turned fully like youre sleeping.. it hurt so much i was screaming in agony.. i forced myself to stay there and after 5 min finally my upper neck pain went away . I dunno what that did but thank god. I can look up down left right and actually function.

Unfortunatly my lower neck. Arm and rhomboid is still hurting.. but the back.neck has been hurting alot less that last 48 hours. Id say at 40% of what it used to be. The arm though still hurts badly and ny fingers still are numb.

Has anyone else had pinched nerves like this ? I gatta say ive had broken bones before and id happily have broken arms or legs over this this.. Its like a scale 20 on 10.

Unfortunatly i have no health insurance plus i wouldnt go in with this virus anyway. I hope it keeps getting better like it has been.. :(. I havent been able to work for the last 7 days now. I stopped on the last leaf spring on my wagoneer. My birthday was the 5th and i was bed ridden nearly

And now my moms Jeep the 4.0 zj is acting up the water pump went bad.. So i gatta somehow fix that today with 1 arm. At least it ismt hurting AS much as it was..
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: Pinched nerves... worst pain in the world by far

Post by rocklaurence »

I'm an active 56 yr old guy that also lifts weights religiously. I have been going to the chiropractor monthly for maintenance for 10 years now. Before that Id go only after I could no longer function after hurting myself. The last issue I had sounds similar to yours. I was on my hands and knees looking up under a FSJ and I felt two pops in my neck. I didn't have it looked at and 3 months later my left shoulder and neck were locked up-I coudn't turn my head. I went to my Dr/Chiropractor and [no kidding] he had me 90% fixed in 30 minutes. It hurt so BAD! I was almost crying from the adjustments and had to tell him that Id finish tomorrow. He was an Old Timer/ expert at his trade and he said " Oh you big pussy--it starts to hurt and you want to quit" I said "yes-I cant take anymore". Within 2 more visits it was all gone. It was amazing to see how he could make an adjustment and a muscle would relax. The Old Timer is retired now but Im always getting myself Jacked Up and a monthly visit fixes it. Good luck and invest the time to let a good Dr fix you up.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I am also a religious chiropractor user. My uncle and grandfather were chiropractors so we all got adjusted on the family get togethers. I have done some things that my body had trouble dealing with over the years. The big one was the rollover in Krista\s Wag 10 years ago. My chiro made my life better when the medical doctors were still scratching their heads. I have dealt with a pinched nerve in my neck this year. It is definitely a pain that can stop me in my tracks.

Good luck with yours.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Tanker

Post by Tanker »

Candyman if II can change a 4.0 water pump you can to. Tip take two bolts and make starter bolters. I mean take take two and find longer ones cut the heads off. This way you can start every thing with out screwing anything up. Dont forget anti seize on the bolts. Lost left arm in a wood chipper back in 97 and gave up working on cars,trucks. Married Halftrac and she has me back working on stuff again.Damn Crew Chiefs.. Just 3 hours a day if lucky I do. Still cant install a 4.0 head but I can do a 360.
Jakes Full Size Jeep Junkyard
Hire the handicap there fun to watch. IR1

BCRAWLER

Post by BCRAWLER »

Thanx for posting this up. The suggestions are helping me decide. I have a hurt back. Can not walk 2km before loose lose of felling in legs and muscle control. Have to take break after 1/2 hour of walking. Doc only suggestion is operation that may or not help. Never pick up bag of taters if op done. Will look into chirio now.
1980 Cherokee,360/727/208, propane powered,unknown lift,31' Adventuro's on Chevy rims,Warn winch
1980 J10,360/standard/208, stepside
1970 GMC 4X4 Pickup, 78 frame, 84 350, Turbo 350/205, patina galore
1986 Blazer K5, 350/205/465 trans
1990 Cherokee XJ, about to scrap for FSJ parts, gone to parts graveyard in sky

letank

Post by letank »

BCRAWLER wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:41 pm I have a hurt back. Can not walk 2km before loose lose of felling in legs and muscle control. Have to take break after 1/2 hour of walking. Doc only suggestion is operation that may or not help. Never pick up bag of taters if op done. Will look into chirio now.
never trust a surgeon that does not know what the problem is.... there are good investigation techniques to find out what the problem(s) is (are)

to Candyman:
Rest, ice treatment for inflammation control for 15 min, you can alternate with warm pads. When my back goes, ice then flexeril 5mg (not an OTC drug) before bed time usually knocks out the nerve spasm...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Tanker wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:52 pm Candyman if II can change a 4.0 water pump you can to. Tip take two bolts and make starter bolters. I mean take take two and find longer ones cut the heads off. This way you can start every thing with out screwing anything up. Dont forget anti seize on the bolts. Lost left arm in a wood chipper back in 97 and gave up working on cars,trucks. Married Halftrac and she has me back working on stuff again.Damn Crew Chiefs.. Just 3 hours a day if lucky I do. Still cant install a 4.0 head but I can do a 360.

It isnt doing a 4.0 water pump thats hard.. its doing it with pinched nerves.. I managed to do it yesturday but i threw up once from the pain in my neck and arm. Thats what im talking about haha. Sucks about your arm, damn

Ive done water pumps many times.

You wanna know whats funny, is after i was done doing the pump I was walking like a hunchback, my neck was scrunched up and i couldnt move my head anywhere without sever pain. I took a shower to clean up, and went to bed.. After i woke up 90% of my pain in my neck and rhomboid muscle that connect the spine and shoulder blade were gone. My arm no longer hurts anymore either at least sitting still and doing little thingas... OMG

My two fingers are still numb though. My neck and arm still hurt if i over excert them and my muscles are tired from being tensed up for over a week..

Omg im so happy this pain is gone mostly. I wanted to die almost if it kept going on for weeks and weeks. Hopefully the feeling in my fingers comes back though, with them being numb still i think the nerve might have sustained damage or is still pinched a little. Seems working on the Jeep again aggravated the nerves and muscle but then that aggravation fixed alot of the problems lol.
Last edited by candymancan on Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

BCRAWLER wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:41 pm Thanx for posting this up. The suggestions are helping me decide. I have a hurt back. Can not walk 2km before loose lose of felling in legs and muscle control. Have to take break after 1/2 hour of walking. Doc only suggestion is operation that may or not help. Never pick up bag of taters if op done. Will look into chirio now.

I wouldnt do surgery unless it was absolutetly needed. I hurt my back along time ago pressure washing my deck. the wand was too short so i was leaning foward slightly.. After many hours doing that and me being a bigger guy my back went SNAP i heard it, It was like a board breaking, and i collapsed to the ground and actually couldnt breathe for a few seconds.

I couldnt walk anymore, i had to pull myself in the house. After a week i could finally walk a little but i was severly hunched, sitting down it felt fine, then if i got up and walked 5 feet id collapse again. Took 6 months for it to heal with slight weakness and another 6 months for it to be gone completetly, but im fine now years later.

I just dont have insurance and just going in anyplace in the USA for anything costs thousands, i remember going to the ER once, i was in and out in 30-40 min and the bill was $6000.. Absolutetly rediculous.

Yours sounds nerve related, maybe a chiropractor is something you should check out. Ive seen videos on youtube of people in pain like i was unable to move screaming and after a few visits they could walk and function again

Driftwood

Post by Driftwood »

Bottom Line Up Front! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. No such thing as a second-hand spine store!

Last October, I moved some furniture. Next day, severe lower back/leg pain. (Could barely "get-out-of-bed" type pain)
Visited a Chiropractor, X3. (Some relief)
Went to my Doctor, sat in my truck for 30 minutes in agony before I could get into his office. (Hyperventilating type agony)
His prescriptions alleviated the pain, but my left leg and foot were left numb, as if I had a dental novacane shot. Lasted well into this past April. (Scary!)
Xray's showed I suffer from moderate arthritis. (Did not know this!)
Visited the local spinal clinic.
CT Scan revealed 2 bulging disks, (Did not know this!) And the moderate dose of arthritis.
I declined surgery. (Spinal Injections) (Scary!)
I visited a rehab clinic which helped to reduce the pain/numbness.
Now 10 months later, I would say I am 90% recovered. But I refuse to do any activity which may re-agitate my "fragile-as-crackers" spine.

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Don't aggravate your condition.
1979 Wagoneer

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

In spite of this Covid19 crapola, I go see “The Joint” Chiropractic care and get my body into alignment but it I’m too locked up for that to work, there’s a nice Asian lady who walks my back and aside from looking for a new husband, she’s straight forward with business and not looking to massage just one part of your anatomy.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

78 WIDETRAC

Post by 78 WIDETRAC »

Once a month to the chiropractor for me also. I have only had very temporary pain a few times in the last 4 years. I have had a physical job my entire adult life. I couldn't continue it with out my chiropractor.
Last edited by 78 WIDETRAC on Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
91 Grand Wagoneer
89 Grand Wagoneer
80 Golden Hawk
81 Cherokee

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Im going for my monthly tune up today

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Well thr pain free thing was short lived. I do landscaping and couldnt put off customers or work anymore. I havent worked in like 9 days due to this pain. After work yesturday ny arn hurts like hell again. And rest for 24 hrs hasnt done anything. Sucks, wish this pinched nerve would go away.. fingers have been numb for almost 2 weeks now. I mesn my neck doesnt hurt anymore but my muscles in my arm.chest are so weak i couldnt even push my mower using that arm.

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

I have had nerve issues in my back for many years. Two lumbar fusions, metal hardware....constant pain. I know how you feel...Be at peace...
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

selkplitt

Post by selkplitt »

I was sanding my cabinet doors. Nothing difficult. It got to the point of pain that i drove to my chiropractor. Couldn’t turn my head. Couldn’t raise my arms. Just held the bottom of the steering wheel and turned my eyes to drive. Now I always went for my lower back and never had my neck adjusted. When I met with him and told him if he couldn’t help I was heading to the emergency room. He said a pinched nerve and said it was going to hurt like hell when he adjusted me. Well it got immediately better and over the next week all the pain went away. That sold me on chiropractors. I get my neck adjusted along with my back every 2 weeks.
89 Grand Wagoneer bone stock
07 Commander 4.7 Rocky Mountain QDII
18 GMC Canyon Denali 2.8 diesel

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

Glad you got some relief :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

The relief is only some.. i can lay down and walk around with relative moderate to littlecpain.. but as the day progresses it gets worse to where im grinning in pain again.

Can barely work. Thinking of going to the eoctor despite the bill.. And see what they can do.

Its going on 3 weeks now. Today it was okay when i woke up and stuff.. Then i went to work and installed some bathroom fixtures and did some electrical work replacing switchs and wall sockets.. and after i was done i grabbed some food and then it started hurting again.

Now im laying in bed. My lower neck hurts so much right now. Im walking with my head foward like an 90 year old man. Cant keep my head straight up.

And my arm on random days spazes out and tenses up so much i can feel the muscle and tendions or sonething pulling deep in my arm. Maybe its the nerve thats being pulled. Cant cough either if i cough to clear my throat up or somrthing the pain pulses so bad from my neck to my back and finger tips.

I hope i dont catch this virus because id be seriously worried about coughing with this pain.. It hurts so much.

Its wierd its like the neck pain went away and all i had was the pain in my back and arm.. Now my neck hurts again my back hurts less. It keeps moving around.

I just hope this doesnt stay with me forever.. Id have to file for disability. Cant work or do anything really.. im still waiting on my stimulous check. Once i get it i think ima use some of it to see a chiropractor

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

selkplitt wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:46 am I was sanding my cabinet doors. Nothing difficult. It got to the point of pain that i drove to my chiropractor. Couldn’t turn my head. Couldn’t raise my arms. Just held the bottom of the steering wheel and turned my eyes to drive. Now I always went for my lower back and never had my neck adjusted. When I met with him and told him if he couldn’t help I was heading to the emergency room. He said a pinched nerve and said it was going to hurt like hell when he adjusted me. Well it got immediately better and over the next week all the pain went away. That sold me on chiropractors. I get my neck adjusted along with my back every 2 weeks.

Yea thats what mine was like in the beggining. I wouldbt nive ny neck anywhere. All i could do was turn ny body to look and my eyes.. my neck i can to skrunch up in my shoulders too. That went away to a point but right now its hurting lile hell again. I just have no money to see one. If i ever get my stimulous check ill go.

I mean i have nearly 500$ in spare cash on me.. but thats for my tire fund.. LOL uhg. Damnit.

How much did you pay for yours ? No idea how much they cost. Guess ill call around and see

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

See if “The Joint” has an office in your area. After the initial consult I got a prepaid “6 pack” of adjustments at one price. And like I said, the little Asian lady who does Shiseido (back walking) improved the quality of my life so much that I may be able to go back to work (if I can improve my memory again. Too many head traumas)
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

Phils67

Post by Phils67 »

I completely understand the pinched neck nerve thing. Have had that going on longer than i can recall. My left arm always is pins and needles and I cant look up for more than a few seconds without it going numb. I never sleep good and when I start to i wake up from it. I feel your pain. Sucks getting older. Now I just tore my right lat at work (I know, super weird thing to tear) and am out on comp. If it isn't one thing its another. I dont have any useful advice for this other than muscle relaxers if the doc will give them to you and NSAIDs. Hope you feel better. Pinched nerves don't alleviate themselves to my unprofesional knowledge. Going from my own experiences I've just learned to live with it, but that takes some folks years to get used to. Good luck and hopefully for you it'll let up some. (I didn't read the whole post so if it has already then awesome)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.