2021 Bronco... thoughts

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Bronco... thoughts

Post by Stuka »

letank wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:46 am very leery of ford products... too many recalls or settlements on floppy transmission across various models from little cars to trucks... at the turn of the 21st century we should at least expect that transmission should be made more reliable than in the early 70's, or 80's...
In fact it is not only ford, but all the major manufacturers from domestic to foreign have terrible product quality issues, I am not talking about airbag, but major drive train headaches and we are supposed to cough up $25 to $45K... I'll skip on the electrical gremlins... those who have $$$$, they simply do a trade and pass the ghostly headaches to the next unsuspected buyer!
I have owned five Fords (05-16 model years) and only had a few warranty items.

05 Focus: No issues

14 Fiesta: speaker blew out right before three years, replaced for free. Otherwise a solid car.

12 Fiesta: No issues

16 Mustang had bad fuel tank vent that made putting fuel in it tough, fixed within a few weeks of owning under warranty. Was perfect after that.

15 Focus: Motor Mount failed at 40k, replaced for free. Fuse blew for radiator fan shortly after that, replaced for free.

Meanwhile, my 17 Wrangler with 18k just had the oil pump replaced.

My old 08 Wrangler didn't have any big ticket failures, but had quite a few little things.

So personally, I would have no issues buying another Ford. It helps that the local Ford dealer is amazing, and the Jeep dealer is terrible. I actually brought the Jeep 1.5 hours away to have the oil pump work done under warranty.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

csuengr

Re: 2021 Bronco... thoughts

Post by csuengr »

Eh, just another in a long line of vehicles I will never be able to afford.
1977 Cherokee S, Ford 5.0, 5 speed, BW 1356, 33 x 10.50 BFG's. No longer my DD.
2007 Mercury Milan, 2.3L, 5-speed, now my DD. 29 mpg average.