COVID-19

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19

Post by Stuka »

bigun wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:36 pm The non elected official speaks

https://www.newsmax.com/us/fauci-corona ... 0102n06k4j
Fauci Says Nation Will Have 'Rolling Re-entry' From Coronavirus Restrictions
Keep the political stuff to a minimum please ;)

But the fact is, the leader of the CDC or the NIH should *NEVER* be an elected official. It should be the most knowledgeable person available for that position.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

letank

Post by letank »

as for the covid test, there are about 40 tests available, you can read more about the issues of the tests here on bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium

the short:
Concerns about false negatives arise from a mix of factors: quickly created tests from dozens of labs and manufacturers that haven't been extensively vetted by federal health regulators; a shortage of supplies and material for the tests that may impact results, long incubation times for the infection, and the challenge of getting an adequate sample from a patient.

Most tests rely on a nasal swab that penetrates deep into the pharynx, the mucous membrane behind the nose and mouth. Even for a trained health worker, it can be difficult: It’s an invasive procedure that often causes patients to squirm. With a shortage of staff to conduct such widespread testing, in many cases people not typically trained to do so are collecting samples.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

In other news. Bidet arrived yesterday. Installed it. Just cold water side for now. Brondell fsw20 scored on ebay for $42 shipped. It is different to say the least. Wife now wants one. I'm going today for an adapter to fit the hot tee into my plumbing. I'll try heat as well. The cold water tends to make one clench till the spot goes numb.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

will e

Post by will e »

In a few hotels I've been in they have Bidets. Warm water is better.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

will e wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:36 am In a few hotels I've been in they have Bidets. Warm water is better.
I don't want to have hot, or even tepid warm for that matter. Just something different than the effect of an ice cube enema would be ideal. :lol:
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

will e

Post by will e »

A monthly update. Here in my hometown restaurants were 'allowed' to have dine in service with many prescribed precautions.

I was the very first person to arrive at the reopening of my favorite Mexican Food place. I talked to the staff and they were happy to be back to working. The place did a 'take out' service and I dropped by every week but it's really a different experience to dine in. I may appreciate this little luxury more now that it was unavailable for a while.

I hope everyone is safe. We're not out of the woods yet. We need to keep distancing, washing our hands, wear masks when it makes sense and for goodness sakes don't touch your face!
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

will e wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:19 pm I may appreciate this little luxury more now that it was unavailable for a while.

I hope everyone is safe. We're not out of the woods yet. We need to keep distancing, washing our hands, wear masks when it makes sense and for goodness sakes don't touch your face!
The thing we missed most was sitting on a brewery patio for a pint of something and food truck pizza. I put up Mumford&Sons lights with a sail shade on our backyard for the patio, kegging my own bathtub homebrew for the pints, and making (then unevenly burning) pizza dough from scratch to replace the food trucks, haha! I don't know that we'll ever go back! :P

Just kidding! As fun as all this is, I can't wait to go back and have someone else do all the work while I just eat pizza and have a beer! ;)
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

will e

Post by will e »

Homemade pizza and brew sounds like a good time. But like you said, there is something 'nice' about hanging out on a restaurant patio, enjoying a pint or two in the nice weather and snacking on pub food. It's great to do a bit of 'people watching' and seeing other folks enjoying a nice day.

letank

Post by letank »

SF is stil a desert on the west side, took a stroll on sunday, most stores were closed, very little foot traffic. Jeeps are on solar chargers, still at 12.7v

The only + is repaving of some of the major thoroughfare .... it was a pleasure to stop avoiding potholes
Michel

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Matt, the pizza is crackin' me up because it sure looks like there is cat kibble sprinkled on it! :lol:

A lot of visitors to this area now are playing stupid when it comes to what is closed and what isn't. Quite frankly, it is pissing me off.
https://the-journal.com/articles/176073 ... eationists

My son is in San Francisco without work because his employer is closed. He just got approved for unemployment and food stamps after almost 2 months off. This also pisses me off.

I am just pissed off but I like the hell out that pizza. ;)
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Made an appointment over a week ago to get tags for the truck. Take time off work today and while I don’t know how long it will take I was hoping it would be quick so I don’t have to burn too much leave. Everyday I get a reminder text and email for the appointment. Get here a little early today and am told “sorry, the system is down state wide. You can wait but we don’t know if it will come back up.”

You guys can message me daily to remind me of an appointment but can’t text the system is down?

All I can do is wait and see if it comes back up. Or, reschedule for another day and take even more time off.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

CATFOOD PIZZA! :lol:
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:54 am Made an appointment over a week ago to get tags for the truck. Take time off work today and while I don’t know how long it will take I was hoping it would be quick so I don’t have to burn too much leave. Everyday I get a reminder text and email for the appointment. Get here a little early today and am told “sorry, the system is down state wide. You can wait but we don’t know if it will come back up.”
You guys can message me daily to remind me of an appointment but can’t text the system is down?
ImageImageImage
All I can do is wait and see if it comes back up. Or, reschedule for another day and take even more time off.
Does your state not have an online system for that? I cannot recall the last time I went into the DMV.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

will e

Post by will e »

The 10 mile restriction and closing of trails is, IMHO, a bit overkill. That being said, if the trail is blocked and closed it is not right, no matter how much you disagree, to toss the cones and barricades aside (from the article).

will e

Post by will e »

Oh, I forgot to mention. The restaurant I went to in my above post had changed to 'paper' menus which will be tossed. Being a regular for 30 years I didn't need one. As the place filled up a bit I noticed no one needed a menu. It's nice to see the regulars supporting the business.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Stuka wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:54 am Made an appointment over a week ago to get tags for the truck. Take time off work today and while I don’t know how long it will take I was hoping it would be quick so I don’t have to burn too much leave. Everyday I get a reminder text and email for the appointment. Get here a little early today and am told “sorry, the system is down state wide. You can wait but we don’t know if it will come back up.”
ImageImageImage
Does your state not have an online system for that? I cannot recall the last time I went into the DMV.
Not for this particular case. Had to turn in two sets of plates and register the truck to me. Had to do that in person. Wife was able to do it online but hers is a new car. From here on out I will be able to renew online.

letank

Post by letank »

fulsizjeep wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:23 am Matt, the pizza is crackin' me up because it sure looks like there is cat kibble sprinkled on it! :lol:

A lot of visitors to this area now are playing stupid when it comes to what is closed and what isn't. Quite frankly, it is pissing me off.
https://the-journal.com/articles/176073 ... eationists

My son is in San Francisco without work because his employer is closed. He just got approved for unemployment and food stamps after almost 2 months off. This also pisses me off.

I am just pissed off but I like the hell out that pizza. ;)
kibble.... let's talk about paté... the french spread made from the unwanted meat parts .... a delicacy.... sometimes it looks like wet cat / dog food

Sorry to read about jr, it is really tough to be without resources and support, pm if I can do something. Bureaucracy was overwhelmed by the cascade of events. Even the online DMV registration was out for at least 2 days when I tried to renew!

As for pizza we cooking our owns as well, let's find a pict

Last edited by letank on Thu May 14, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michel

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

PIZZA :)

Thanks Michel! Will let him know. Much appreciated!
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Still off work here. Behaving like a retired guy. Projects around the house are being checked off. Gym s are open again on a limited schedule. I am going about 3 times a week. Not many people in there, so that is nice.

Buried my dog, Cole a couple of days ago. Had to put him down. He no longer would eat or drink, and couldn't get up. Hard to do that. I've done it 3 times now. Never gets easier. I'm 3 for 3 on good dogs and them making it to 16, so I'm doing something right. I've been grateful for the time I got to spend with him these last couple of months.

Been grilling plenty. Tonight will be no exception.

shortbus4x4

Post by shortbus4x4 »

dodgerammit wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:50 amBuried my dog, Cole a couple of days ago. Had to put him down. He no longer would eat or drink, and couldn't get up. Hard to do that. I've done it 3 times now. Never gets easier. I'm 3 for 3 on good dogs and them making it to 16, so I'm doing something right. I've been grateful for the time I got to spend with him these last couple of months.
That sucks. We had to do one of ours 3 years ago, she got cancer and was about 11. Our other one is 14 and I think this will be her last summer as she is physically going downhill fast. Our 15 year old daughter grew up with both of them as a baby and was devastated when we had to put our first one down. It sucks big time.