Touch up paint

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
coycomon

Touch up paint

Post by coycomon »

Howdy folks! Where would you point me for exterior touch up paint 1984 white? ALSO - I have the painted metal surfaces inside on the dash - color is Nutmeg - any idea where to score that color too? Thanks in advance.

RamJetFSJ

Re: Touch up paint

Post by RamJetFSJ »

I have had good luck with the single stage spray cans from paintscratch.com for my 1980 Wag Olympic White. I have no idea where you'd be able to find the paint code for the interior though, sorry.
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

letank

Post by letank »

I have used this company with very good match for the 85 jeep and the 86 honda, below is the link for the 84.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch ... ll-models/

Get their better clear coat, expensive but it has a great resistance to scratches, I clear coated the motorcycle gas tank with it 3 or 4 years ago.

That is a tough one for the interior, I have done acrylic using various mix from the local art supply store. The acrylic is very resistant, I used it for steering column and touch up the wood on the outside, it was good for at least 4 years until the laminate peeled off.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Bruduf

Post by Bruduf »

Some NAPA s can mix touch up bottle rattle cans etc just need to bring your paint code