Got a notification that cafepress.com was hacked

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
will e

Got a notification that cafepress.com was hacked

Post by will e »

A lot of us use them for FSJ activities so I thought I would post up that I received a notification that their data was hacked. This includes your userid, password and country.

So watch for strange emails from them. I am going to go change my password. If you use the same password for different sites (I don't) you might change those as well.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
will e

Re: Got a notification that cafepress.com was hacked

Post by will e »

Okay, I went to log in and on the sign in page and logged it. I got a message that 'We are changing our password policy blah blah blah". They make you click 'forget password' and then change your password. This, along with the notification, is almost a sure sign they were hacked.

If your credit card info is on file make sure you go in and change your password ASAP!
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Yeah, it was reported that there was roughly 23 million accounts compromised. Whats annoying is that they waited months to go through and address the issue.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Stuka wrote:Yeah, it was reported that there was roughly 23 million accounts compromised. Whats annoying is that they waited months to go through and address the issue.
That's very annoying. It's also why I do not use the same password for any two web sites. It's a bit of a pain but it works. I got an email a while back with one of my passwords in the subject and because it was unique I knew which site they got it from.

Cecil14

Post by Cecil14 »

Stuka wrote:Yeah, it was reported that there was roughly 23 million accounts compromised. Whats annoying is that they waited months to go through and address the issue.
Don't worry, they'll offer everyone complimentary identity theft protection for 6 months then pretend nothing happened; just like every other hack in the last decade.
1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank