Near death Experience for someone!

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
66stepside

Near death Experience for someone!

Post by 66stepside »

Just heard about this one:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny.com ... l/7261060/

Alway, always use caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Near death Experience for someone!

Post by Stuka »

Wow.

Always always make sure your parking brake works. And if you have a manual, its ok to turn the vehicle off and put it in gear.

And the guy that caught the video, if he had been 10 seconds ahead of where he was, he probably would have been pushed off.

Crazy.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

letank

Post by letank »

What a story, a sad event for some young people ....

As a rule do not trust your parking brakes or your transmission... always steer your wheels uphill or against something.... why... in 2004 I bought a wrangler for one of my kids... the price was good... $900 (never burnt any oil at 190Kmiles) ... 0n the first week, the wrangler rolled off and jumped the sidewalk gutter -soft gutter in that city- and landed in a house.... nobody was hurt but the driver's pride... fast forward... I found out after the wrangler was sold that there was a recall for a failure in the wrangler parking brake mechanism. Remember whoever was killed by a rolling 201x grand cherokee with the autoparking brake system, these new electric parking brakes are really confusing on first use...

As for auto trans... it is a mere large nail that secure your vehicle in park... trees or rocks are a better option...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

True true true. You can never be too safe on such a narrow trail with such steep sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk