1970 Gladiator 1 Ton 6BT 12V Cummins Build

For everything related to converting and up keeping diesel engines in an FSJ

Sleepless

Re: 1970 Gladiator 1 Ton 6BT 12V Cummins Build

Post by Sleepless »

Exhaust Down Tube 4.jpg
I think I figured out the photo download thing, maybe not, if not could use some help. I just attempted to post a photo I thought you would be interested in because you went through the same exhaust into the firewall issue. It took me a year with the help of some friends with skills, source research, and some cash, to design and have this 430 SST manifold extension cast. It bolts right up to the Stainless Diesel manifold, and the S300 turbo, the ports almost matched perfect, very little match work. Full 316L SST 4" exhaust system just completed, mounted all the hangers last night, got the tubing and elbows from a metal scrap yard, came from a food processing plant. I need to see if I can compress the other photos I have they are too big to load on this site, or I will take some more lower resolution photos. At this point it is getting disassembled so I can finish weld the frame boxing work.

I will check in periodically, hope your shop build goes quick and smooth, you have to be itching to get back on your truck project.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Sleepless wrote:
Exhaust Down Tube 4.jpg
I think I figured out the photo download thing, maybe not, if not could use some help. I just attempted to post a photo I thought you would be interested in because you went through the same exhaust into the firewall issue. It took me a year with the help of some friends with skills, source research, and some cash, to design and have this 430 SST manifold extension cast. It bolts right up to the Stainless Diesel manifold, and the S300 turbo, the ports almost matched perfect, very little match work. Full 316L SST 4" exhaust system just completed, mounted all the hangers last night, got the tubing and elbows from a metal scrap yard, came from a food processing plant. I need to see if I can compress the other photos I have they are too big to load on this site, or I will take some more lower resolution photos. At this point it is getting disassembled so I can finish weld the frame boxing work.

I will check in periodically, hope your shop build goes quick and smooth, you have to be itching to get back on your truck project.
When you go to post (Not the quick post, but the full editor) there is an attachments tab down below. Click the add files button and select your image there. There are size limitations so make sure its not a gigantic image straight off your camera, shrink it down some first :)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Sleepless

Post by Sleepless »

Exhaust Down Tube 4.jpg
I am trying this again to get the photo through, I know how to run a hammer, welder, machine shop, but computers work me over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

Sorry Sleepless. I totally missed your last post come in.

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL EXHAUST SETUP. :-bd :-bd :-bd
Originally Posted by Resbum
"What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 290#p18290

rwjohnstone

Post by rwjohnstone »

Resbum? you still around? Not that I can talk much....
"Decide what to be and go be it." - The Avett Brothers
1964 J-200 "Alice"
1979 CJ-7 (s) - Status: Dismantled Hibernation
1981 J-10 - Status: Parts? Daily Driver? Lawn Ornament?
1993 Cherokee Sport - Status: Sold (408,000 miles)
2001 Cherokee Sport - Status: Winter DD
2001 Wrangler Sport - Status: DD

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

Hi rw, yep still around.

2015 has been kind of a crazy year. Truck got stolen, then I got it back. Got the walls of my shop finished, then hurt my back. Now, for the last couple months we've been getting some wild weather.

NOTE: I'm aware that all my pictures have disappeared. We can thank imageshack for that. I will make other arrangements and get them back up.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year.

Resbum
"What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 290#p18290

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Good to hear things are going ok, happy holidays!
2017 JKU Rubicon

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

Thanks. Best wishes to you. Just dropped you a PM

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:42 am

Holy Buckets! That's the date of my last post.

I'm sorry to all of you who followed and encouraged me through my build. I didn't mean to drop the ball on you all.

I just paid for an imageshack "premium" account, where all of my pictures were hosted from. I got a computer generated answer from them saying it could take up to 24 hours for my pics to reappear (currently even I can't see them). With luck imageshack will be true to their word. If not, it will be a long process of rebuilding the pics in this thread.

As for the status of my build... it's still here, and not forgotten. By mid-Feb I was a week away from back surgery (hurt in Nov 15) when it finally started to get better, and the surgery was put off. So, Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr 2016 the winter weather, and my back, kept me from making progress on my shop. I then was able to get some work done on the shop while also working on any number of other things I do on a daily basis living off-grid, through the summer. Then... On 23 Aug, 2016 I was extremely stoked!!!!! That morning over coffee I FINALLY called and placed an order for the 29 spans I need for my shop's roof, to be picked up early the next week.

Five hours later I broke my foot. It took me 18 hours to gimp myself off my property and make it into Bend, OR., 96 miles away. Since I couldn't easily live out there on my property with a busted foot I packed up and came back up to WA., and crashed at my parents house, where I'm currently writing this from. A week ago I started walking again with a shoe on my foot. I plan on heading home sometime this coming week. As I pass through Bend I'll stop and resubmit my order for the roof spans.

My goal is to have the truck parked back under a shop roof by Thanksgiving.

So, that's what life has been like for me over the last 9 months. Let's hope my pics reappear in the thread some time in the next 24 hours.

Resbum

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Good to hear from you! Injuries suck, glad you are getting better.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Adventure_Wagon88

Post by Adventure_Wagon88 »

You are my hero living off grid in the PNW. Sorry to hear about the injuries, that really sucks! Hope you get the shop completed soon, as I'm sure winter is coming fast up there

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

Thanks. Looks like my pics are back. I'm on my phone now, but next time I'm at a computer I'll go through every page to see if there's any I need to repair.

Resbum

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

Just a quick update. After 4 years of trying to get this piece of off-grid property up and running I've said F*#^ this property. A lot of things have been on hold, not just the Jeep. Ironically, the property is the one thing in the universe that hasn't been responsible for one 4 month delay after another. :banghead:

I've only decided and started putting steps in place a week ago, so I don't know a lot of specifics. What I can tell everyone here is that I AM MOVING TO SOMEPLACE THAT ALREADY HAS A F****** SHOP ALREADY BUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may take a year to get roots really planted back in town and back to work on hobbies, but I WILL BE picking this project and thread back up at some point in the not to distant future, when 3D life has me back to where I can pick up where we left off.

Sorry, I've left everyone hanging for four years. Resbum :fsj:

.... and yes I know pics are missing. I'll address that too. I had to put my pics in two accounts in imagesack and one account drops and I have to go there and dick around every time to get them hosting again. I'll fix that issue in the future also.

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

You are the inspiration behind my J20 getting a 24v and nv4500. I am getting close to firing it for the first time since I started on mine.

Can't wait for updates...
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Hey buddy! Thanks for checking in! Rest assured, you don't owe us anything. Folks come and go and sometimes come back again. I've taken a hiatus from time to time myself. I'm glad that you've been able to define the challenges you're facing. That's always the first step to defining a solution. I look forward to more updates and pics of your truck! I think the last I saw was a painted rolling chassis on blingitty bling wheels. :-bd
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

jaber wrote:You are the inspiration behind my J20 getting a 24v and nv4500. I am getting close to firing it for the first time since I started on mine.

Can't wait for updates...
Thank you

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

REDONE wrote:Hey buddy! Thanks for checking in! Rest assured, you don't owe us anything. Folks come and go and sometimes come back again. I've taken a hiatus from time to time myself. I'm glad that you've been able to define the challenges you're facing. That's always the first step to defining a solution. I look forward to more updates and pics of your truck! I think the last I saw was a painted rolling chassis on blingitty bling wheels. :-bd
Hiatus?

As far as the Jeep is concerned it's been a four year coma.

This has been fun right up to when I said enough. And by walking away from this project now I can take the good times with me. One more winter at this rate and I won't even have those. Image

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Good to hear from you! Totally understand where you are coming from.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

Thanks Stuka,

People may not of been hearing from me, but I've still been lurking the forum over occasional morning coffees.

Topic author
Resbum

Post by Resbum »

OK, I'm kinda pissed right this second because I just deleted a fairly long post. I'm not starting over again.

Happy New Year. I'm back in a town. When the snow melts in 4 months I'll be looking for a place. I'll come back and post more when I feel more Freaking sociable.

In the meantime, I'll end this one on a polite note.

Happy New Year everyone. Resbum