HELP! Holley Sniper/Hyperspark Ignition Connecting to Key

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
jfwolverine

HELP! Holley Sniper/Hyperspark Ignition Connecting to Key

Post by jfwolverine »

Here's some backstory and then my question:
I have a 1983 Wagoneer with a 360. I installed a Holley Sniper EFI with no issue about a year ago. Everything ran great.

Then I decided to REALLY restore the Jeep. Engine pulled, blah blah, engine back in the Wagoneer. I've reattached the old wiring harness to where "I think" everything reconnects.

I have now purchased the Hyperspark Ignition box and Sniper Coil. Everything is 100% straight forward on the setup of the wiring except for this:

On our Wagoneers, how do I connect the Hyperspark Ignition box to the the key? As in literally..which wires connect to the red HSpark wire from the old plug/plugs?

The internet told me to connect to the "blue" wire from the old 2 prong plug. I did that but I'm getting absolutely nothing. No light on the HS LED even though I have a strong 12.5 volts going to the HSpark and the Sniper unit.

And what happens with the 4 prong plug that formally plugged into the old ignition box? When I ran the Sniper before it was easy. I just tapped into the old 2 prong that went into the ignition box..however the old ignition box handled the "stock" everything else.

Sorry for the long post...I'm just throughly confused and have exhausted all of my internet searching capabilities.

Topic author
jfwolverine

Re: HELP! Holley Sniper/Hyperspark Ignition Connecting to Key

Post by jfwolverine »

No one?

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Are you just needing to get power to the new ignition module? If so, there is a large red wire that was the power feed to the original Duraspark box. This is a switched 12V feed that will get power in run and start only. This is the wire people use when switching to an HEI.

Unless you are needing a separate signal wire maybe? I have not read the instructions or installed a hyperspark.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
jfwolverine

Post by jfwolverine »

Stuka wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:27 am Are you just needing to get power to the new ignition module? If so, there is a large red wire that was the power feed to the original Duraspark box. This is a switched 12V feed that will get power in run and start only. This is the wire people use when switching to an HEI.

Unless you are needing a separate signal wire maybe? I have not read the instructions or installed a hyperspark.
Thanks for the reply but I figured it out after some digging. Thanks!

Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

holiday was a short term set back along with work ,anyway the following pictures show the difference between the original carb conections and the holley sniper efi. the original carb has the cable all end swaged onto the throttle shaft along with the trans step down pin, i found that the carb butterfly shaft to have excessive play due to the machined shaft bore being worn the carb only has 120k miles on the vehicle and due to the fact a large portion of stress is placed on this side of the shaft from the step down and accelerator cable if you are not replacing the carb with efi i recommend a professional rebuild to allow rebushing of the butterfly shaft, i had this done on my cj5 and the idle and operation was like night and day. with the sinper i had to purchase aftermarket a ball end connection for the accelerator cable and fabricated a strpdown pin from 1/4 20 bolt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

the following pics show the pins i used and fabricated , the bll end kit comes wit 4 different sizes , choose which works best , step down pin fabricated from 1/4 -20 bolt with head cut off to allow ease of installation and removal of EFI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

sniper EFI with necessary modification with required pins, the trans step down will need to be slightly adjusted to ensure proper trans operation and stepdown.

Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

pictures show pins installed on the throttle bracket,there is a provision in the bracket tor throttle return spring attachment, however the exsisting throttle spring is quite stiff, and the attachment of the original sprin may be excessive overkill and add to and overly stiff accelerator peddal and stiff operation , ,i will advise latre upon final installation