2bbl 2300 series sniper efi

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Re: 2bbl 2300 series sniper efi

Post by Srdayflyer »

i have returned to the project, and the attached photos show the supply and return lines as they pass thru the frame rail at the riht rear tire, i removed the fuel tank for a second time only to find there was not enough room to allow the 3/8 lines not to interfere with the tank fitting in the rail area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

the above pictures shows the ground wire for the pump,i used a rubber boot cap to prevent water and moisture from becomming and issue with pump operation. it also shows the completed fuel lines connecter at the pump and feeding thru the slot window i drilled and cut thru the frame rail

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

additional pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

the above pictures show the fuel lines emerging from the frame rail , i am fabricating a shield to protect the rail mounted fuel lines

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

made a great deal of progress today , finished running re-routed fuel lines and installed the rear portion of the fuel lines,i had to route the fuel lines over the forward rear spring mount, there is enough room to run the 3/8ths fuel line but i shielded the fuel line by running the 3/8th fuel line thru 5/8ths heater hose to prevent the posibility fuel line chaffing at the spring mount area, see attached pictures

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Do you happen to have the part number for the filter? I wrote it down somewhere really safe :banghead:
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

fuel lines mounted to frame rail , fuel lines are mounted to frame at 5 locations isunf 1/4-28 x 1" bolts, 1/4" washers amd 1/4x1/4 nylon spacers to allow the fuel lines to be properly paired together, i had to drill and tap frame to mount fuel lines

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

for those wanting filter part numbers used on the sniper EFI installation they are as follows , pre-filter (before fuel pump) 10 micron NAPA 3033,and (after fuel pump/sniper inlet) is a 20 micron NAPA3482 or HOLLEY 562-1

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

able to progress to the meat and potatoes portion, finally the engine bay to secure the upper portion of the fuel lines properly i used 1/4-20 nutserts drilled and installed in the inner fender well, as seen in the attached pictures i used 3/8th hose clamps and 1/2 " spacers to obtain spacing to prevent chaffing of the fuel lines against the steering shaft and brake lines, having not removed the original fuel lines to use as potential air compressor line i have capped them with vacuum line caps from (napa/autozone} , i secured the fuel filter with 2 adel clamps to add a secure mounting platform and prevent rattling and chaffing , also i removed the mechanical fuel pump an associated lines and filter ,now its on to installation of the SNIPER EFI , and HYPER SPARK distributor , :fsj: :fsj:

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

fuel pump blanking plate installed

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

back working on the efi, see attached pics of the carb and the sniper efi as you will see there are no points to attach the throttle cable or the trans step down pins ,

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

here are pics of the throttle cable pin and trans step down pin i fabricated

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

here are pictures of the pins attached to the sniper the carb throttle shaft had excessive play from wear which i now understand the poor operation through out the power range the cherokee only has 122K the sniper has a real stiff return spring and there may not be a need to reconnect the original return spring,

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

having removed the original ignition system and removing it from the wiring harnass all yhe wiring loom was brittle and disintegrating, i rebundled and installed new wire loom to protect the harnass, in the following picture you will see the harnass plug to the ignition module (2) pin wires 1 red 1 blue. the red wire is switched 12v + power , the blue wire is a trigger wire that runs from the ignition switch to the started solenoid with a splice tao that goes to the ignition module, and provides no function for the sniper system, the red wire also has a spliced tap as in the photos to be used for the sniper efi

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

the attached pictures show the sniper , now installed and hooked up to the throttle cable and stepdown cable and the accelerator return spring

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

reposting pictures

Topic author
Srdayflyer

ARe: 2bbl 2300 series sniper efi

Post by Srdayflyer »

I have been working on the sniper and hyperspark wiring,along with the coil module. Due to the fact that holley supplies and extra ordinary amount of prewired harnass, (length) it is a challenge to route and secure them so not to be effected by engine heat and prevent the harnass wires from chaffing through. Also installed were 2ga battery wires to ground ,solenoid and starter. Pictures of the finished wiring will follow shortly.

Texxxan

Post by Texxxan »

Great information. Thank you for sharing.

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

Having installed the temp sensor for the sniper,I decided to install a new thermostat to preclude unknown failure not knowing the age of the exsisting stat.
I found the original housing unservicable due to corrosion,and seeing how 85-90% of the vacuum hoses and vac ported switch would not be used going forward I replaced the housing with a new housing from a 1979 year model. See attached pics

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

I also removed 2 other vacuum port connections and installed internal wrenching (Allen wrench type) pipe plugs associated with emissions controls of which are no longer available or hard to find,