Holley Sniper Install Questions

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
Demoman

Holley Sniper Install Questions

Post by Demoman »

Getting ready to install a Holley Sniper with a Robb MC Surge Tank setup.

It is being installed on a 91 GW that is currently stock. My question is what vacuum/vapor lines have you removed or didn't need with the sniper set up?

At this point I plan on removing the air pump system as it is currently not even hooked up and the bowl vent to the canister.

I'm not sure what else can also be removed or what has to definitely stay other then the brake boost, interior controls and the possibly vacuum advance.

What have others done regarding this installation with the vacuum and vapor lines?

Thanks in advance for the information.

1979bettywhite

Re: Holley Sniper Install Questions

Post by 1979bettywhite »

I can't comment on the vacuum and vapor lines as I did not change anything there.

I can recommend getting a progressive linkage from EFI System Pros. Also, try to find a fixed orifice PCV valve. You can search here and find my post about tips for the Sniper install.

Milktruck

Post by Milktruck »

Hey I’ve got a sniper install on my stock 360. I just had to reset my settings. Now I have a miss/backfire at higher rpm (highway speeds). Would you be able to share your timing settings for me to set a new baseline? I’m running the full hyperspark setup
1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer backdating to 78/88 blend
5.3L LS/3" Lift/Bilstein Shocks/Boobie Grille

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

My timing settings won't help you much since you are able to use variable timing with the Hyperspark. I am still on a stock distributor, so my timing settings are static. On my current global config my base/idle timing is 15, cruise is 36 and WOT is 32. I was having a slight miss on mine, so I checked all my plug wires etc. I also went through and upgraded my entire charging system to a 100 amp one wire alternator and upgraded all the cables and grounds to much larger gauge. This all seemed to make the Sniper very happy.