2bbl 2300 series sniper efi

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Re: 2bbl 2300 series sniper efi

Post by Srdayflyer » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:59 pm

Part of the sniper wiring harnass is a 10 pin harnass which operates things as cooling fans (electric) ,waterpump ,tach, guages, airconditioning, and the coil driver module I will need only 2 of the 10 wires , white for the coil driver and orange for the airconditioning, the air conditioning requires a relay wired to the sniper efi unit and it needs to be wired to energize to -ground as holley says the efi unit looks for a ground to step up fuel flow to compensate for a/c compressor operation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 pm

I used high temperature wiring bundle tape it's used by mercedes,vw,porsche, obtainable thru amazon TESA 51036 and was used throughout the wiring harnass rebundle in the engine bay. This tape is strong and does not unravel under re rap

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:10 pm

routing the fuel pump wire +positive to the pump i used 1/4 " wire loom to protect the wire the length of the run to the fuel pump also used were terminal boots to protect the connections from water.the loom was secured with HD tywraps and secured to the fuel lines, i had to add and additional 2 feet of wire to the fuel pump wire due to the location of mounting the relay assemblies in the prewired harnass on the r/h inner fender.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:18 pm

the under hood wiring was in bad shape as far as the mounting and routing of the wires,i used several size wire loom material 1' , 1/2 '', 3/8', and 1/4",NUMEROUS adel clamps( rubber isolated clamps), the 7 wire harnass comes with the fuel pump relay and fuse i used a tywrap to ensure that they couldnt vibrate apart. also an adel clamp to secure and isolate the coil driver assembly, and i used 5/16 eye connectors for the positive and negative wires as recommended by holley to power the efi unit. the O2 sensor wiring has a huge amount of length and had to be coiled and secured with tywraps, the fuel supply barbed fittings are 120 and 90 degree fittings,i also had a few pieces fire sleeve that i used to isolate the fuel line at the valve cover to protect from heat and chaffing.i also installed a fuel pressure guage to monitor the return line f.p. an increase above 45-50 psi, if it is you may have the fuel regulator finger screen is becoming blocked up