Gladiator/Rhino Grilles

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Gladiator/Rhino Grilles

Post by brielly »

I'm now taking orders for fiberglass reproduction gladiator grilles. These are exact copies from an original gladiator grille.
Please see this thread for more info and pics http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=154793

Please read carefully-

What it is-a repro gladiator grille taken directly from an original. Its made of fiberglass and is finished in primer. It will bolt up just like the real thing. I would call it paint quality as in your not going to add a chrome paint and make it shiny and perfect like an original. Edit Some customers have had success with chrome paint purchased on the internet. You will have to spend some extra time sanding it perfectly smooth for best results.

What it isn't-a show piece that will win you a trophy at the next competition. There are minor imperfections since the original was not perfect but in really good shape. There are small spots here and there that need to be sanded flush. They are specs the size of a pencil tip that you can sand down if you wish to get it perfectly smooth for chrome paint. I've found this is not to be necessary with other types of paint. This was due to minor imperfections in the mold due to tiny air bubbles. It does look very good strait on and from five feet away looks nearly perfect. A close inspection will of course reveal the imperfections. It would take many hours for me to make it perfect to the point where I'd have to charge way more than anyone would want to pay.

I will leave the 6 mounting tabs undrilled so that each customer can adjust where the grille gets mounted. I know on my 82 I had to mount my original gladiator a little lower so the hood wouldn't hit it when closed. The tabs on the repro grille are large enough to where each customer should be able to drop it down far enough for the hood to clear. Those with older style hoods will not have this problem since the hood is shaped differently.

The grille will be $150 by itself, $165 with badge and $200 for a whole kit-grille, badge and pie pans. Looking at a few other threads as of recently it looks like there are some cool options for lights to replace the pie pans. Shipping should be pretty reasonable since its fairly light weight. Compared to what I've seen on ebay-rusted, bent, missing tabs, etc. I think these are a great deal. Why pay $200-$300 for a rusty beat up old grille that will only get worse with time. Fiberglass doesn't rust!

If you are interested in a grille please email me and I'll add you to my list. I can send you the instructions before you purchase the grille so you will know exactly what's involved in the installation. I'm not going to take deposits just build them and contact you when its done. If you don't have the funds at the moment it goes to the next person in line. Money orders are preferred but paypal is an option as well. Email me at rrielly@verizon.net with any questions
Last edited by brielly on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
82 Cherokee 258 w/ mopar fuel injection, ax-15
Fiberglass Rhino Grille reproductions for sale. See my post in the vendors section or contact me rrielly@verizon.net

78J_10

Re: Gladiator/Rhino Grilles

Post by 78J_10 »

Are these still available?

Yogif16

Post by Yogif16 »

Apparently not... Email comes back undeliverable.

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

Grilles are still available. My email changed to rrielly@verizon.net Email if interested.
Fiberglass Rhino Grille reproductions for sale. See my post in the vendors section or contact me rrielly@verizon.net

Jonnurse

Post by Jonnurse »

I am interested. I have been trying to contact you but I have not been able to reach you. My email is jon.torres.lopez@gmail.com

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

If anyone is interested , these are still available with currently no wait time!

Landman_MTX

Post by Landman_MTX »

I meant to post up earlier. Recieved mine. Great job! :-bd
1979 Grand Wagoneer, 360, TH400/QT, D44s

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

Just an update: These are still available. See details here http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=183615

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

AS of right now 8/8/18 there is a one week wait time for a grille. Contact me at rrielly@verizon.net to order.

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

You should do fiberglass fan shrouds.. the originals are fiberglass from the looks of it and no one has replacements and everyone wants one
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

If you are interested in a grille, I'm currently adding people to the wait list for the spring. No deposit is needed, just email me and I'll add you to the list. If you change your mind, no worries, it will go to the next person in line. I'm hoping to resume production some time in April if the weather cooperates.

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

Update 7/22/19 I made around 20 or so grilles this summer for those who were on the wait list. At this time there is no wait for a grille. If you're looking for one, now is a great time to order. I should have them in stock through the fall and with any luck into the winter if I can make enough of them before the weather cools off. Email rrielly@verizon.net to order

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

Sold out until the spring! Email me if you want to get on the waitlist. No deposit required. rrielly@verizon.net

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

Hey guys, If you are on the wait list please be patient. The weather has been too cold so far this spring. I was finally able to get started the other day and now temps are forecast to be in the 50's for the next week or so. It needs to be 70+. Hang in there. As soon as it warms up I'll be making up for lost time. If you are interested in ordering email me rrielly@verizon.net. Thanks!

Topic author
brielly
Vendor

Post by brielly »

Update 7/15/21
Due to high demand and increasing material costs. I am now offering 2 options- the grille for $190 or the grille with pie pans for $235. I am no longer making the emblems. They can be purchased on ebay and the original will bolt up to my grilles if you want to go that route. If you are interested email me rrielly@verizon.net

thej10guy

Post by thej10guy »

Just checking in I’m somewhat interested but not entirely sure. I have a muscle grille, razor grille, and a pig nose grille, so I have some to choose from but I do like the looks of the rhino grille. These would still be available right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1983 Jeep J10 Honcho SWB 5.3 4l60E NP241C viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22361
1979 Jeep J10 LWB (project/parts truck)
1989 GMC Jimmy (project)
Jeep Lover for life :fsj:

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

I got on the waiting list back in the winter. I just received the a grill and pie plates from brielly, they are exceptionally nice! He was easy to deal with and didn’t ask for payment until they were ready for shipment.

THANK YOU😎
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Copper204

Post by Copper204 »

Any grilles and pie tins available?
1971 J2000. 1981 CJ-7. 1989 XJ x3. 1989 MJ. 1990 YJ x3. 1972 Jeep Commando V-8 304 , Biggest baddest Purple 2017 JKU Rubicon in Tuolumne County

Follow me on instagram- @copper204 @oh_that_1_other_dude and @1971_Gladiator_Build

Jeep nut