Relay upgrades and other parts

MReese Wagoneer

Re: Relay upgrades and other parts

Post by MReese Wagoneer »

runuover86gw wrote:
MReese Wagoneer wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:16 pm looks like some nice work!
What I would like to see, i'm getting ready to start on it for myself,
instead of 5 relays laying around screwed to this panel and that panel, do a relay panel with 1/2 dozen smaller fuses for other accessories some constant some switched
and we can mount it out by the battery
I know me personally, I gave it a lot of thought before modeling my design after Sirrus's design. I spent over a month drawing up different designs on a CAD program based on other individual's designs, designs that I thought of, designs based on other cars and who knows what else. The reason I personally came up with my "final" product. I say final like that, because technology is always advancing and my brain is always going, kind of a curse at times. So, improvements may and most likely will come over time. I am an Instrumentation Engineer with an Electronics Engineer background, so I am lucky enough to work with some advanced technology that I cannot personally afford, but it gives me ideas and I get many vendors sending emails almost every day about new products. So, I am always thinking of new things to build and it drives my wife crazy at times. And with the ones I am building, I am flexible on how things are done. But this product is very easy to install and is much more cost effective.

The reason I didn't end up going with the way you are talking about is because I like to have my engine bay clean and free of as many wires and components as possible, just my personal preference. I am not saying yours is a bad idea, because I actually have something similar in my GW. I have a larger gauge wire coming off of my battery to a distribution block inside the dash area, That feeds an additional fuse/relay box that I use for additional accessories. I also have a larger than factory alternator. Additionally, the other reason I didn't do it like you are saying for the power window/locks and such, is it is not as user friendly for a lot of people. Most people have limited specialized electrical tools ad also limited electrical/electronics knowledge. And by doing it with one in each door keeps costs down for the customer, cuts down install time and lowers the possibility for mistakes being made. For individuals that have the right tools, electrical/electronics knowledge are probably for the most part not the ones buying these kits, although some may be, because they think for the cost it is worth it for them based on the time it would take for them to build them properly. But with all that being said, I am not saying your idea is a bad one, it is just one of those ones for those who have the proper knowledge to do this, so something isn't wired up improperly and next thing you know, you have battery drain. Sorry for the long rant, I started writing it at the beginning of my morning pot of coffee and finished writing after completing the pot of coffee. lol
Excellent “rant” lol I like your thoughts and reasoning
My son has similar back ground and thought processes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:fsj:
New 83 Wagoneer Brougham
old 99 Grand Cherokee Limited
http://www.mandgoilandlube.com

svaras

Post by svaras »

runuover86gw wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:42 pm
svaras wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:09 pm Sad to read this, I got late to the party. If you can share the part #s I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Sebastian
I will go ahead and put it out there, so people are not left wondering. That other person is going to be me. I have made the first production set for someone and they will receive them in the mail tomorrow. I did the first prototype in my Grand Wagoneer to ensure it functioned as it should. I ordered some more parts today that should come in within the next week or so to do 15 individual relay kits. I didn't intend on starting this early, but it appears there is more interest in these than I first thought. Someone already wants a set of 5 for all the window motors. SO, I will probably be ordering more parts tomorrow to be able to build more kits. I will only be doing window and door lock relay kits though at the moment. I haven't set up a vendor page yet and this is actually my first official announcement that I will be doing it. Most of my posts are on different Facebook FSJ Groups. When I get something more official set up, I will share it with Sirrus, so he can share a link. And I want to thank him for giving me the original idea to base my setup off of. I don't think I have enough posts yet on this Forum to message anyone. If you have Facebook, here is a link to the first production set I built. I hope I am allowed to do that for the moment. It was a driver's side master window switch set I rebuilt and the four window relay kits and one tailgate window kit. I will have better pictures of what the kits will actually look like. This one was a custom build and the pieces on the end of some of the wires are the connectors taped on that will be crimped on using a regular set of crimpers, not any specialized ones like I use for the connectors. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 051&type=3 . If you do have Facebook for the time being, you can feel free to instant message me on there, I am Josh. Or if you have enough posts, you can message me your email and I can contact you that way. I just didn't want everyone left waiting to see when something was going to happen.
Exccellent Josh, I will probably contact you thru FB. I am Sebastian, from CHILE. (Wanna have your firts international customer ? :D )....do not worry, parts just need to be shipped to Miami, there I have a freight forwarder that takes care about everything.

runuover86gw

Post by runuover86gw »

svaras wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:56 pm
runuover86gw wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:42 pm
svaras wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:09 pm Sad to read this, I got late to the party. If you can share the part #s I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Sebastian
I will go ahead and put it out there, so people are not left wondering. That other person is going to be me. I have made the first production set for someone and they will receive them in the mail tomorrow. I did the first prototype in my Grand Wagoneer to ensure it functioned as it should. I ordered some more parts today that should come in within the next week or so to do 15 individual relay kits. I didn't intend on starting this early, but it appears there is more interest in these than I first thought. Someone already wants a set of 5 for all the window motors. SO, I will probably be ordering more parts tomorrow to be able to build more kits. I will only be doing window and door lock relay kits though at the moment. I haven't set up a vendor page yet and this is actually my first official announcement that I will be doing it. Most of my posts are on different Facebook FSJ Groups. When I get something more official set up, I will share it with Sirrus, so he can share a link. And I want to thank him for giving me the original idea to base my setup off of. I don't think I have enough posts yet on this Forum to message anyone. If you have Facebook, here is a link to the first production set I built. I hope I am allowed to do that for the moment. It was a driver's side master window switch set I rebuilt and the four window relay kits and one tailgate window kit. I will have better pictures of what the kits will actually look like. This one was a custom build and the pieces on the end of some of the wires are the connectors taped on that will be crimped on using a regular set of crimpers, not any specialized ones like I use for the connectors. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 051&type=3 . If you do have Facebook for the time being, you can feel free to instant message me on there, I am Josh. Or if you have enough posts, you can message me your email and I can contact you that way. I just didn't want everyone left waiting to see when something was going to happen.
Exccellent Josh, I will probably contact you thru FB. I am Sebastian, from CHILE. (Wanna have your firts international customer ? :D )....do not worry, parts just need to be shipped to Miami, there I have a freight forwarder that takes care about everything.
That will be fine contacting me through Facebook. As long as the shipping is to Miami, that will be fine. At the moment I am only shipping here in the States, so Florida will be fine.
Josh's Classic Custom Auto Electronics LLC, Owner/Founder
https://www.facebook.com/JoshsFSJRelayKits
1986 GW 360/NP229/TF727/Dana 44's
1986 Comanche
1979 Wagoneer Limited 360/Quadra-Trac/Turbo 400/Dana 44's

runuover86gw

Post by runuover86gw »

For those that were curious. Here is the current link to my relay kits. https://www.facebook.com/JoshsFSJRelayKits When I get some free time, I will be working with the moderators here to set up a vendor page.
1986 Comanche

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

I've updated the first post with a link to you page. Sorry, I completely forgot to do that earlier :)
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

runuover86gw

Post by runuover86gw »

sirrus wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:19 pm I've updated the first post with a link to you page. Sorry, I completely forgot to do that earlier :)
It's no worries, there has been plenty of attention on the site already. I just wanted to make sure everyone here had that source still and where to find it. Thanks again for everything!
1986 Comanche

jefftnichols

Post by jefftnichols »

sirrus wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:14 pm
alex t wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:02 pm I would like to order two pairs of the armrest repair kit for both my rear doors on my 1987 jeep grand wagoneer. not sure how to PM?
PM sent
I am interested in the armrest repair kits mentioned in the earlier post. Sirrus, will you contact me and let me know if you're still making them?

Jeff

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

jefftnichols wrote: I am interested in the armrest repair kits mentioned in the earlier post. Sirrus, will you contact me and let me know if you're still making them?

Jeff
Yes, I can make them. Let me check if I have any that are already printed. I’ll send you PM later
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

jefftnichols wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:07 am I am interested in the armrest repair kits mentioned in the earlier post. Sirrus, will you contact me and let me know if you're still making them?

Jeff
PM sent

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

I've added links to download 3D models for armrest repair blocks, so anyone with access to 3D printer can print them themselves. Left and right there loosely refer to position of block inside the armrest - you'd still need a pair (1 left and 1 right) for a single armrest. I'm using PETG filament for these, ABS should also work.

I'm going to add models for all other 3D printed items as well soon.

mike472

Post by mike472 »

can you email me about headlight harness for 72 j4000, cannot pm, thank you

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

mike472 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:16 pm can you email me about headlight harness for 72 j4000, cannot pm, thank you
Send you a PM with my email

refinemrh

Post by refinemrh »

I bought one of your headlight relay harnesses a while back. I am finally getting around to installing it. Can you send me a set of instructions. I misplaced mine.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

runuover86gw

Post by runuover86gw »

refinemrh wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:13 am I bought one of your headlight relay harnesses a while back. I am finally getting around to installing it. Can you send me a set of instructions. I misplaced mine.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
It might possibly be a little while before he answers this. I know he was in the middle of selling his GW a little while back and I believe he was going to step away from a lot of this for a bit. If you have any particular questions, I can probably answer them for you. Just send me a message and I should be able to help you out. There isn't anything really too complex with these harnesses.
1986 Comanche

refinemrh

Post by refinemrh »

Thanks for your response. My question concerns the connector that attaches to the existing light socket. My harness only has 2 prongs/wires but the connector has 3 prongs/wires and the the connector at the end of the relay harness have 3 prongs/wires as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

runuover86gw

Post by runuover86gw »

What year and model do you have?
1986 Comanche

refinemrh

Post by refinemrh »

I have a 1983 Cherokee Wide Track

runuover86gw

Post by runuover86gw »

Can you send me a message with a picture of your factory harness and light bulb? I am showing in the factory service manual that an 83 should have a 3 prong.
1986 Comanche

refinemrh

Post by refinemrh »

I have included a couple of pictures of my factory harness. I don't have a picture of the lights as I have been restoring the Jeep that past 3 years.

Thanks for your help

refinemrh

Post by refinemrh »

IMG_5786.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.