Better Relay Headlight Harness For Sale

Topic author
Mass
Vendor

Better Relay Headlight Harness For Sale

Post by Mass »

Finally for sale!

In case you haven't seen the build thread on these...
My upgraded "serehill" harness includes:

- 12 gauge GXL load wire
- 14 gauge GXL "trigger" wire
- Separate fused supply circuits for high and low beam
- Waterproof Hella 40 amp relays
- Delphi (Aptiv) terminals in relay socket and fuse holder
- Perma Seal Molex marine grade ring terminals
- Waterproof fuse holder with a spare fuse
- High temp "gray stripe" nylon wire loom
- Ceramic headlight connectors for superior heat resistance - good for stock or high wattage bulbs
- Plug and play - no cutting into stock wiring - can be reverted back to stock at any time
- I refer to it as a "terminal to terminal" build because I build each one from the ground up without splices on everything. I don't build with "pigtail" components
________

Here's the "just"

A headlight relay harness is perfect for the weak headlight electrical system in our jeeps.

It takes the load away from the switch and feeds the headlights the best possible voltage directly from the battery or alternator. This gives the brightest and most reliable output from the headlights possible.

It can be used for stock sealed beams or higher performing sealed beam conversions that utilize H4 bulbs. I'm running two 90w/130w H4 bulbs without an issue. The stock wiring would have melted at that wattage.

_________

Why?

A little over a year ago when I realized I needed my high beams on to see at night. I knew something was wrong. I also knew from a previous experience exactly what I needed. So I bought a harness on ebay. Complete JUNK! I ended up patching it together with wire and parts I had to make it work right. Shortly after that I joined IFSJA and very quickly discovered a thread started by "Serehill". Everyone has seen it. Its the one about a harness that promised to fix the very issues I and many others are/were having.
I was a little late to the game with his unfortunate passing but something he said stuck with me. His signature says "If you can't make it better why waste your time."
The light bulb went off. Why not MAKE a BETTER harness?
So here I am. A little while later and making what I feel is a superior harness at a very reasonable price.

Price

Due to the high parts costs and time associated with making a quality harness my final price will be $100.
This includes domestic shipping including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands

Options?

- If you'd rather hard wire the relay signal wires I will delete the male plug that goes into the OEM female plug and include 3 butt connectors and heat shrink. $5 less making it $95 total.

This is more of a preference you decide when installing.

- Kit is made so you can conceal the "fuse holder" behind the passenger headlight for a stock look or have it in the engine bay for easy accessibility

- Also I left the power wires long enough to go to the battery or alternator. Whichever one you choose will work.

_______

Questions?

Please ask them!
Feel free to PM if you'd like to buy one

________

Pics?

Yes!

* Cross-posted from IFSJA *
89' GW 6BT Cummins

pecanme

Re: Better Relay Headlight Harness For Sale

Post by pecanme »

I just wanted to drop a comment for anyone thinking about buying Matt's(Mass) harness. DO IT! I purchased one weeks ago and it's been great. The quality is freaking good you guys. The dudes at IFSJA also think so looking at the feedback from other buyers. Good job and keep up the good work!

P.s. if you decide to make a tailgate harness I'll buy one for sure.

rlrhodes711

Post by rlrhodes711 »

Can you make it without the fuse block and enough slack to mount the relays under the hood? I currently have one of Serehills harnesses and I power the relays off of an under hood fuse block. You can see them in this pic. I have a separate fuse for the low/high beams. I’d like to get your harness as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeH

Post by MikeH »

I am interested in a couple harnesses, one for a 79 J10 and the other is a 71 J4800. Email is the best way to reach me or PM and will try to check back.

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

Any chance you are making these again? I need one to finish up my headlights.
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

Topic author
Mass
Vendor

Post by Mass »

Yikes! I guess my previous reply never posted? I thought that was only an ifsja thing.
I'm still very busy with work and other projects so it'll be a little while longer before I get back into production.
Rhodes, I can absolutely make it that way. I like the cleaned up look you got going!

I should be back in business by November. The plan is to make a bunch of them so I can stay ahead of the demand and ship them out same or next day. Also plan on picking up where Serehill left off with the tailgate relays.
I really hate it but I hope you guys can understand that I don't make much money off them and simply can't give them priority right now while the weather is dry and warm. Too much to do!
89' GW 6BT Cummins

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

Awesome! No worries at all. Completely understand. I have to pull the rear axle for a rebuild so I have plenty
of time. Thank you for all you do. It is greatly appreciated.
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Mass wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:31 pm Yikes! I guess my previous reply never posted? I thought that was only an ifsja thing.
I'm still very busy with work and other projects so it'll be a little while longer before I get back into production.
Rhodes, I can absolutely make it that way. I like the cleaned up look you got going!

I should be back in business by November. The plan is to make a bunch of them so I can stay ahead of the demand and ship them out same or next day. Also plan on picking up where Serehill left off with the tailgate relays.
I really hate it but I hope you guys can understand that I don't make much money off them and simply can't give them priority right now while the weather is dry and warm. Too much to do!
After you hit submit, it should bring you back to see the post you just created. To verify it did post.

Also, your images from your first post are all dead. Tinypic has a limited lifetime. I suggest using imgur or the like.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Mass
Vendor

Post by Mass »

Entirely possible it was user error. Could of been a late night after a long day when I was posting.
I got the email a few weeks back from tinypic saying they were shutting down entirely. Now that they're dead I need to go back and edit the posts with the new hosting site.
I'll check out imgur :-bd
89' GW 6BT Cummins

damaya

Post by damaya »

Hey Mass, are you still making this harness?
If so, I'm interested.
Let me know.
thanks
David

MReese Wagoneer

Post by MReese Wagoneer »

rlrhodes711 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:08 pm Image
Rhodes, Where did you get your power dist box?

Mass, I will be interested also
:fsj:
New 83 Wagoneer Brougham
old 99 Grand Cherokee Limited
http://www.mandgoilandlube.com

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

MReese I got all of those parts from Amazon. I made the mounting board from ABS (Amazon as well), link below for the circuit breaker. If you need anything else let me know.

Bussmann CB285-100 Surface-Mount Circuit Breakers, 100 Amps (1 per pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G2JMEUQ/re ... 7DbM0AKFWW
MadMax78

refinemrh

Post by refinemrh »

how can I purchase a headlight relay for my 1983 Cherokee?

legion77

Post by legion77 »

Are you still making these harnesses? If so, I need one for a 1977 Cherokee. Thanks.

Cinaed

Post by Cinaed »

The system won't let me send you a private message, so are you still making these?

It has been awhile since you posted this, is the harness still $100?

Thanks.

scaryhd

Post by scaryhd »

Also interested if you're still out there Mass.

I just acquired my '64 J300. Previous owner stated the heads lights did not work. I assumed it's just a fuse or broken wire, haven't look into it yet. What is the "known" problem with older Jeep head light wiring?

Thanks.