'83 CJ 8 Scrambler

Sales area for Non-FSJ Related Items
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

'83 CJ 8 Scrambler

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Well... Here it is folks. I promised myself I wouldn't sell it but I gotta shake something loose. Derf, if your interested, you have first dibs but I gotta make something happen soon.

Basics:

1983 CJ-8 Scrambler, Slate blue w/slate blue interior.
'83 AMC 360 from a low mile waggy.
NV4500 5 speed tranny
Northwest fabworks Blackbox crawl box
Dana 300 t-case
Waggy Dana 44 front with 4:10s and ARB locker and warm premium hubs
AMC 20 rear with Warn full float kit, 4:10s and Detroit locker.
BDS leaf springs in SOA configuration
35" BFG mud TAs with about 75-80% tread?
Parts Mike flat top arms and drilled knuckles for high steer
Seats are from a 200? Nissan Pathfinder. Ready to be wired for the heaters to work.

Good stuff: Runs and drives well (once I rebuild the carb).
Have full hard top, half cab w/bulkhead, and a full soft top.
Warn 8274 in modified TJ ARB bumper
Trucklite LED headlights
Stero has no headunit, uses Bluetooth from cell phone to signal amp which drives dash speakers and sub mounted in bulkhead.
Full size spare with matching wheel has never been on the ground.

Not-so-good:
Carb need rebuilt. Can't do it this weekend as I have Army stuff but should get it done soon.
Needs a front driveshaft and linkage for t-case to make 4wd function.
Front locker needs to be plumed for compressor.
Small amount of rust above rear wheelwells and where windshield frame meets body.
Need to install slider window in halfcab.
Full top needs a side window reinstalled.
Not sure if all the hardware is there for full soft top but it looks nearly new (still in the box)

I also have a laundry list of things that can go with the Jeep. Here's a short version:
On board air compressor. (New)
Replacement steel gas tank that's about 30 gallons?
HEI distributor and wires (new)
Edelbrock performer intake and carb (basically new. Was on a fSJ when engine broken in)
Hydraulic clutch conversion (new)
Steel tailhousing for NV4500 because the aluminum one leaks. Also have 6pints of the correct fluid (not cheap)

Who knows what else....
Pretty sure I have a back seat for it too.
Have a Howell TBI fuel injection kit I bought used. It is for a dodge 360 so will need a new computer chip.

We are trying to buy a house and we just don't bring ok n enough to make that happen. Need this to sell fast so if you ha e any questions, please ask. Shoot me a text or email if you prefer. I will tell you whatever I know, good or bad.

Looking for $13000.00 but cash (soon) talks.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Re: '83 CJ 8 Scrambler

Sorry, forgot info and pics. Not sure why Tapatalk won't let me edit.

Obviously, clean title. Just renewed the tags.
Forgot to mention it could use paint.
Missing front left bushwacker flare and one outside mirror head. (Those were taken by the wind in Kansas while moving out here).

Pics coming

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Those ^pics are from today.Here’s some other pics from when it had the full top on and stuff.
Should mention the clutch is centerforce. Highlift jack goes with Jeep.

As I got it pic:

Some in process stuff:
ImageImage

derf

Post by derf »

I am certainly interested but my cash is tied up right now and I can't bust anything loose for at least a couple of months.

will e

Post by will e »

That would be a fun trail rig for sure.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

derf wrote:I am certainly interested but my cash is tied up right now and I can't bust anything loose for at least a couple of months.
I hear ya man. I’m going to try and go back to school in late February. Won’t start seeing BAH until March so if you can turn something loose by then, that would be cool. If I can’t get it sold I’ll have to rely on school $ but I may get to keep it. Just a race of time.

htfiremedic

Post by htfiremedic »

Imma start a GoFundMe to “Save a Jeep Scrambler”! It truly is a rare, beautiful and special gift to mankind. It should be preserved for future generations, so that they know that even though we had to walk to school(uphill both ways, in the snow, being chased by bears) our parents could have owned one of these and saved us all of that heartache!
Reckon it will work?
Hey, can you fax it to me, if I fax you cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

htfiremedic wrote:Imma start a GoFundMe to “Save a Jeep Scrambler”! It truly is a rare, beautiful and special gift to mankind. It should be preserved for future generations, so that they know that even though we had to walk to school(uphill both ways, in the snow, being chased by bears) our parents could have owned one of these and saved us all of that heartache!
Reckon it will work?
Hey, can you fax it to me, if I fax you cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn’t work. As far as I know the scrambler was never sexually assaulted 30+ years ago by a future SCOTUS judge, it has no issues with crossing rivers/ditches/or small walls, and it knows what gender it is. Thus, there would be no GFM support.Image

htfiremedic

Post by htfiremedic »

Welllll crap! I was hoping that I could change the world, one Jeep at a time....

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

htfiremedic wrote:Welllll crap! I was hoping that I could change the world, one Jeep at a time....

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk
All it takes is money. Image

We got snowed on yesterday and today so my 4 day weekend has been a flop. I was hoping to spend some time working on the scrambler but Mother Nature had other ideas.
I’m trying to decide between 3 options. The easiest and cheapest is just rebuild the 2bbl carb on it now.
Second option is to swap the intake and carb to the nearly new edelbrock I have.
Third option is to take the used Howell f/I kit I have and try and make it work. It’ll need an adapter, an O2 sensor, and all the install work. I’d then need a chip for the computer. Obviously this is a better setup for cold starting and elevation off-roading but I don’t know if I feel like messing with it.
I’ve also been working on getting a gasket to behave on the half cabs sliding rear window. Hopefully I can have it ready to install sometime soon.