posting/ editing

Area to ask questions or post comments related to this forum.

Topic author
itselliott

posting/ editing

Post by itselliott »

How does someone edit a post???? doesn't seem to be an option :(

will e

Re: posting/ editing

Post by will e »

Certain forms sections, like the selling section, do not allow you to edit.

This sections does, I just edited this. Over to the right there is a icon with a pencil. If that is available, you can edit. Also, the icon with the X in it shows up when you can edit. This is the delete button.

This is on a computer, I don't know what it looks like on taptalk.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
itselliott

Post by itselliott »

will e wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:56 am Certain forms sections, like the selling section, do not allow you to edit.

This sections does, I just edited this. Over to the right there is a icon with a pencil. If that is available, you can edit. Also, the icon with the X in it shows up when you can edit. This is the delete button.

This is on a computer, I don't know what it looks like on taptalk.
I get it, but WHY? can I not edit my own posts in for sale ?

will e

Post by will e »

I forget why. Stuka might remember. There may have been some drama or perhaps people switching the ads in a 'bad' way.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Its because people would change their ads out from under people. Its not uncommon for sales posts to not be editable.

And I saw your PM. The rules actually state to post on the original thread. A thread is all of the posts combined. So, simply create a new posts to say which items have been sold. This is to prevent people from creating new threads saying they sold something, because yet, it actually happened.

For requiring a location, that's not a field I can set as required without a forum mod. And even then, there would be no real way to prevent users for putting incorrect information in the field.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
itselliott

Post by itselliott »

So what I was going for was putting "Sold" in the heading ...that would make it easier to look thru the ads...I mean why do I have thru a thread to the bottom just to FINALLY find out that I wasted my time ...its sold??

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

itselliott wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:14 pm So what I was going for was putting "Sold" in the heading ...that would make it easier to look thru the ads...I mean why do I have thru a thread to the bottom just to FINALLY find out that I wasted my time ...its sold??
I understand it would be easier, but I have the permissions the way they are for a reason.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ