79 Cherokee Chief Survivor 12k Original Miles

Place to buy and sell full or partial FSJs
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
JuniorFab

79 Cherokee Chief Survivor 12k Original Miles

Post by JuniorFab »

I would say that this FSJ is a "Barn Find" but it was left in the sun for decades. Currently less than 12,500 original miles. I drive it daily. Complete thread on it from when I bought and everything that I have done to it. Very reliable driver. Everything works. Needs upholstery which in this case means new door panels, headliner and carpet. Have not had a chance to complete that element of the restoration yet.

Here is the "build" thread.

https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=19042

I am just not a JEEP Cherokee guy. I came into it, and got started. I have everything that was removed during the process.

Asking $13,500 as it sits today.

This thing needs an owner that can appreciate it more than I. I sought out the dealership that sold it 42 years ago but it no longer exists. Thought maybe it would be an amazing display vehicle for them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Re: 79 Cherokee Chief Survivor 12k Original Miles

Post by JuniorFab »

Vehicle located in Yuma Arizona.
Junior

mtoomey

Post by mtoomey »

Hello can you send additional interior and underhood shots outside of your build photos thanks -

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

Absolutely. I'll get some this weekend. I don't get onto this site often, sorry for the delay.
Junior

iharding

Post by iharding »

That's a good price. It's a paint job away from being spectacular.

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

I agree. Needs carpet. Needs headliner, all trim necessary, and lighting fixtures are there. Needs door panels, I have the existing. I also have all four cast aluminum wheel hub cap dealios. I will post up an image of them tomorrow. All trim is there except for one of the radio knobs and the AMC emblem that was on the tailgate. Some things like marker light lenses and window cranks were also replaced because the new units look awesome. Everything that was taken off, has been kept. Please see build thread for summary of everything done. You will see the crank handle for the back window is removed in the images. We are in the process of changing out the felts, seals etc. I have everything and it will be back together soon. All lock cylinders work. Shoot me a DM for for images, video etc. that we could probably accomplish much easier vie email. Thanks for looking. Hope it finds an awesome home.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

Images
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

More Images
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

More Images

I have both shift boots but they are very dry and cracked apart, like everything else that is soft. I am having trouble finding replacements.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

More Images

I made the dealio that shows the shift pattern and taped it to the dash for easy reference for my wife.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

Images

Seats feel like new cushions but the covers are dry and cracked. Hard to believe the rear seat cover looks so good. It feels very dry however. See the build thread for images of the floor that got POR 15 treatment for good measure. The radio speaker is ruined from the heat/sunshine. I have not done anything to get the radio working. It does not power up when switched on. The clock is not working at this time either. If they are like everything else on this rig, simply cleaning up the electrical connections will get them going. I may get to this but other projects are my focus now.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

More Images

Everything is dusty/sandy because I live in the desert and the back window has been down for several days.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

More Images

The visors are in great condition. The mirror is completely opaque however.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

More Images

You can see all the headliner trim is there. I have the panel that covers the jack stowing location. it will need to be re-covered to match the headliner. I ALSO HAVE THE COMPLETE OEM JACK. Not kidding. I am cleaning it up and painting etc. I will post up later along with the wheel hub cap dealios.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

Images
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

Engine Bay

See build thread for details.

Built those battery cables with 1 ott welding wire.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

Drivers side lower panels.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

Pass side lower panels.

Worst rust on the entire rig is behind the pass front tire.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

More images

Kick panels will need to be replaced or recovered to match door panels.
Junior

Topic author
JuniorFab

Post by JuniorFab »

Last one for now.

That U shaped piece is the trim that goes against dash at steering column. I need to screw that back on. The owners manual was in the dash. I have several pages from it, but it was so dry and roasted from the heat that most of it crumbled in my hand.

I will see if I can get the rig up on a hoist so you all can see the complete underneath. I had plans to scrub and paint the undercarriage and wheel wheels gloss black but several friends said that would take away from its appearance. I will let the new owner decide.
Junior