1979 Wagoneer

Place to buy and sell full or partial FSJs
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
farrelljt

1979 Wagoneer

Post by farrelljt » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:17 pm

I am selling my 1979 Wagoneer. It's currently showing 7x,xxx miles on the odometer. Based on the VIN history, I don't think it has rolled over, but I am not positive. It has a 360 in it. It starts, runs, and drives pretty well once it gets warm. There is some hesitation in it as it gets warm.

I would like to get $3250 out of her, but at this point, I am open to offers. I have some competing priorities, and this is the "easiest" thing to move on from.

The bad:
-Took her out over the weekend to run some errands, and she dumped all her coolant all over the parking lot when I returned home. Not all at once, but over a couple of days. I haven't had a chance to get in there and try to figure out the issue.
-The rockers are basically gone.
-The rear quarters probably need replaced if you're going to use this as a show car or something. Trail rig, no problem.
-The dog legs on both sides are rusting out
-The inner fenderwell in the back seat, driver side is rotting through.
-The radio just quit working a couple of months ago. I have not pulled it to see if something just came loose, or if there is a larger issue.
-The switch on the dash for the rear window sort of.....works. But the window only comes down maybe 1/3 of the way.
-Would more than likely need trailered anywhere once sold.

I am sure that I am leaving questions unanswered. I will do my best to answer any and all questions as they come in.

Pics are all of the outside. It's been raining here for 3 days. Once we get some sunshine again, I'll take a few interior pics.

Topic author
farrelljt

Re: 1979 Wagoneer

Post by farrelljt » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Should have added: Here is the list of things that the previous owner told me that he had done to it when I purchased it:
Fixed rear power window - rebuilt entire guide mechanism (Huge PITA...)
Removed the exhaust from the engine block back and put in new manifold gaskets, muffler, and tailpipe
TFI Ignition Upgrade
http://fsjeep.homestead.com/TFI_Upgade.html
Significant front end work: New inner and outer tie rods, drag link, steering stabilizer.
Removed entire interior except dash, steering wheel, and headliner to remove and replace 30% of the floor pan due to rust "cancer" damage.
POR-15 entire floor pan
Cut and shape new floor pan, prime, paint, and prep for install
Rivet and caulk new floor pan section into place
Cover rebuilt floorpan with 2 coats of bedliner paint
Install in new door body seals and realign doors to close properly
Install new window wipes
Spent way to much time tracking down and sealing any water leaks (BIG PITA)
Install new carpet
Refurbish \ polish all aluminum carpet trim (inner and outer still plate, cargo area glides, and tailgate glides)
Remove all seat hardware and brackets - remove rust, prime, and cost with spray on bedliner
Steam clean original seats - door panel carpet

Topic author
farrelljt

Re: 1979 Wagoneer

Post by farrelljt » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:42 pm

I’m just batting a thousand this evening. I am in Columbus, Ohio.

PM is easiest way to reach me for now. Will provide a cell # if requested.