Cherokee Wide Bodies Detroit Area

Place to buy and sell FSJ parts.
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
threepiece

Cherokee Wide Bodies Detroit Area

Post by threepiece »

Hello, I’m new here but I am a long time member on IFSJA. I have been collecting and restoring FSJ’s since before the Internet (the good old days). I’m going in a different direction in my senior years so it is time to thin the herd as they say.

I plan to post up parts and vehicles over a period of time as I gain access to them. My hope is they eventually belong to someone who can appreciate them as much as I have but I will try to be realistic.

Three to choose from. These are for the most part striped body shells on rolling frames. All three need significant amount of work but are repairable. One of them has both outer wheel houses intact with relatively little damage to the flairs.

Another has solid rocker panels but needs outer wheel house and flair repair. I have replacement flairs from another vehicle that goes with this body.

The third one was, I believe the best of them all however I have not had a look at it in over ten years. It has been outside under a tarp since I have owned it.

I have hoods, doors, engines and transmissions as well as other trim parts that I may be willing to include with a “package deal”. Sorry I’m not selling any fenders at this time.

I can remove the frames and sell the body alone if one wishes. In this way one could restore a body without the down time of their vehicle and the clutter associated with a full vehicle tear down and restoration.

The price range is $300-$800 depending on content. I am interested in getting these in the hands of someone who can save them. I can send pictures through email. Loading is available.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

toothofwar

Re: Cherokee Wide Bodies Detroit Area

Post by toothofwar »

PM sent last week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TurboJ4000

Post by TurboJ4000 »

Do you have any clean doors you'd be willing to part with? My passenger door is decent but the driver door has a pretty big dent and a new door would be much easier.

Id be interested in taking a look through your extra parts if youd let me. I am working on a 70 J4600 that needs a few things.
1970 J4000 / Chevy Frankenstein in progress
Soon to be Lq4 6.0 and 4l80e on 35s

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

TurboJ4000 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:35 am Do you have any clean doors you'd be willing to part with? My passenger door is decent but the driver door has a pretty big dent and a new door would be much easier.

Id be interested in taking a look through your extra parts if youd let me. I am working on a 70 J4600 that needs a few things.
Gosh I wasn’t planning to get into my doors yet. The good ones are stored upstairs where a family of raccoons lives. I’m not going to disturb them until they leave. I have another stash of doors inside a Willys wagon, I might take a peek in there if there is not too much brush to clear but I’m not going to pull them all out to find a good one.

I suppose you have a conventional left hand drive truck? A “driver door” in Australia is on the right side. Reference should be made from the driver seat.

Due to raccoons and overgrowth, my “extra parts” are largely inaccessible. Can you tell me what you need and where you are?
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Hunter82

Post by Hunter82 »

I am looking for a passenger door for a 78 cherokee. When you get access let me know.
78 Cherokee Widetrack with a 360 on 35s

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

The fourth door in the Willys wagon is a right side and I did not see any significant damage to the outer skin. I would be surprised if the bottom seam is completely solid however as I cannot see the bottoms of these doors without taking them all out. This door is from a 1979 J10 it could have either the early or late style lock, I forgot to check.

I could not see the other doors at all but I doubt any are totally solid. They are all stripped bare, no moving parts or trim.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

TurboJ4000

Post by TurboJ4000 »

threepiece wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:52 pm The fourth door in the Willys wagon is a right side and I did not see any significant damage to the outer skin. I would be surprised if the bottom seam is completely solid however as I cannot see the bottoms of these doors without taking them all out. This door is from a 1979 J10 it could have either the early or late style lock, I forgot to check.

I could not see the other doors at all but I doubt any are totally solid. They are all stripped bare, no moving parts or trim.

I am located in Metro Detroit and would gladly come take a look through your parts pile if you'd let me. I need the LHD drivers door. My passenger door is decent but if you have a pair I might take them both off your hands.
1970 J4000 / Chevy Frankenstein in progress
Soon to be Lq4 6.0 and 4l80e on 35s

AnthonyOhio

Post by AnthonyOhio »

Do you have a NP208?

AnthonyOhio

Post by AnthonyOhio »

AnthonyOhio wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:45 pm Do you have a NP208?
I found my NP208.

78J-10

Post by 78J-10 »

I am looking for a set of inner fenders, have any your willing to part with?
79 J20: HD44/D60, AMC 360. T-18/D20, 33" AT's, 4in lift, Current Status: Needs a motor.... :banghead:

millerguy76

Post by millerguy76 »

Hello. Im looking for OEM pair of black seat belts for my J10,. Also looking for a excellent quality front [wide track] bumper. If you have a rear bumper, I'd be interested as well. Do you have any factory black floor mats? Also some door mirrors that are cable remote.
Lastly, i need a black steeting column collar.
Thank you
'84 Jeep J10 Laredo, 360

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

78J-10 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:12 pm I am looking for a set of inner fenders, have any your willing to part with?
I'm sure I do but I am not shipping any parts at this time.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

TurboJ4000 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:32 am
threepiece wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:52 pm The fourth door in the Willys wagon is a right side and I did not see any significant damage to the outer skin. I would be surprised if the bottom seam is completely solid however as I cannot see the bottoms of these doors without taking them all out. This door is from a 1979 J10 it could have either the early or late style lock, I forgot to check.

I am located in Metro Detroit and would gladly come take a look through your parts pile if you'd let me. I need the LHD drivers door. My passenger door is decent but if you have a pair I might take them both off your hands.
I just remembered I have some doors from a 71 Wagoneer that are accessible in a different truck I will take a look.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

millerguy76 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 pm Hello. Im looking for OEM pair of black seat belts for my J10,. Also looking for a excellent quality front [wide track] bumper. If you have a rear bumper, I'd be interested as well. Do you have any factory black floor mats? Also some door mirrors that are cable remote.
Lastly, i need a black steeting column collar.
Thank you
The three piece bumpers are interchangeable between the wide and narrow bodies, they are simply assembled differently using different holes. I have numerous bumpers but none are what I would consider "excellent".

I also have numerous steering columns but I will not be disassembling them.

The rest of the parts you ask about are not available.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

AnthonyOhio wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm
AnthonyOhio wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:45 pm Do you have a NP208?
I found my NP208.
I know how that goes! HAHAHA

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

78J-10

Post by 78J-10 »

threepiece wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:17 am
78J-10 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:12 pm I am looking for a set of inner fenders, have any your willing to part with?
I would be able to pick up, I am south of the Toledo area. Do you have any pics of the inners
79 J20: HD44/D60, AMC 360. T-18/D20, 33" AT's, 4in lift, Current Status: Needs a motor.... :banghead:

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

78J-10 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:10 am
threepiece wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:17 am
I would be able to pick up, I am south of the Toledo area. Do you have any pics of the inners
All of my inner fenders are not accessible at this time and won’t be for quite a while. I must sell or move other parts first.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

djslocker

Post by djslocker »

I'm looking for a front 3 piece bumper. My is straight but the chrome is pealing.

Armydog

Post by Armydog »

I'm looking for a steering wheel foia 69 J3000 but will take a complete column if I have to.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

djslocker wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:11 am I'm looking for a front 3 piece bumper. My is straight but the chrome is pealing.
I may have a decent bumper but I cannot ship it. Are you interested?

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.