Desert crossing with the wagoneer

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Eastudio

Desert crossing with the wagoneer

Post by Eastudio »

This is a 1988 grand wagoneer ls swapped 5.3 in 2017, 4” lift by skyjacker, 4l60e with 241c transfer and the dana 44 with 4.11 gears, 31” tires
I was invited to “travesía desierto de altar 2021” this is in Mexico across the border from yuma AZ
The event is intense impressive sand dunes some what intimidating. I just want to report the wagoneer was up to the challenge. I was impressed by the performance. My idea of this jeep has been a daily driver / overlander
I have taken this car to many places off road, many trails in AZ, CO, NM, UT and road trips to most of the west and south west national parks, But Nothing like the dunes and desert crossing. This is a two day event in which there are several points or places you have to go by to end in a campaign site. Challenge one is to prepare for mechanical problems so you have to bring tools, spear parts, camping gear, food, water and gas. I installed a 42 gal tank filled up with the weight of tools and spare tire camping equipment the wagoneer had most of the weight in the back. This was the only problem with the bumps the rear tires were robbing in the rear fender, cutting the tires, but Nothing major.
The suspension was working properly, I just lear that the skyjacker lift will have to be reinforced at the rear for the extra weight
This is only needed for this kind of environment, because I never had a problem. This was extreme off-roading and the wagoneer came out in one piece. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Desert crossing with the wagoneer

Post by Stuka »

That's really cool. Glad it did so well for you.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Cool sounds like a great time
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

BaldBeardedBastard

Post by BaldBeardedBastard »

Looks exciting! Got anymore pictures?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

'86 GW Cummins 2.8/4l60E. Hopefully bouncing down a dusty road somewhere.
Build Thread