87 Grand Wagoneer- New Member

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
GrandJoshoneer

87 Grand Wagoneer- New Member

Post by GrandJoshoneer »

Recently bought a 87 Grand Wagoneer w/ 93k. Runs really well, even drove it 300+ miles back home the day I bought it, no issues. Replaced rotors/calipers. Body is in great shape but the rockers were rusted out so I did a complete replacement with the TGW versions. Bottom has some sporadic surface rust so I’ve been putting Corroseal underneath, followed by Rustoleum Industrial, then Fluid Film for added protection against whatever funk Delaware wants to throw at it. The interior is in great shape other than the last foot of cargo carpet and the bottom of some of the door panels. Plan on doing a wood floor for the back. Got most of the vinyl off the outside so I can get it painted next month. Plan to close the trim holes and not add wood. Still have a lot of work ahead, but should be ready for my oldest to take to school...unless I change my mind and keep it for myself. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
—————————————-
1987 Grand Wagoneer

will e

Re: 87 Grand Wagoneer- New Member

Post by will e »

Howdy and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures. I like the idea of the wood delete, I love the classic wood grain but also like the clean lines of 'wood free'.

This is a great group of folks who will help with questions, findings stuff and encouragement.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Johnzi10

Post by Johnzi10 »

Is that stock height or is it lifted
2020 Cherokee Limited v6. Wife’s Jeep
2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo Daughters Jeep
1998 XJ Cherokee “the Ghost”
1989 Grand Wagoneer my Covid mental health medicine

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Johnzi10 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:30 pm Is that stock height or is it lifted
This is a bit of an older thread, but that is most likely stock height. But perhaps with new springs, and not sagged ones.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
GrandJoshoneer

Post by GrandJoshoneer »

I had the exact same question in my head when I brought it home. One of my first posts on here was “Does my Jeep have a lift kit?”

After listening to the experts I came to this conclusion: Maybe, maybe not, but either way it sits higher than normal.
—————————————-
1987 Grand Wagoneer