New member intro 76 Cherokee

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Reef Green Cherokee

New member intro 76 Cherokee

Post by Reef Green Cherokee »

Hello,

Everyone new member here, picked up ‘76 narrow track Cherokee a little while back. 6cyl 3 speed with a Dana 20 t case.

In the process of getting it cleaned up and addressing some issues from it being sat for awhile.

This thing is the epitome of a little old lady owned Jeep. I got it from the grandson in law of the original owner. It’s been living out in Eastern Oregon all its life. Minus a crack in the dash in some worn out vinyl on the front seats it’s perfect. Floor and fenders and rear quarters are all solid as the day it they were made.

Here some pictures of it initially and after a light cleaning with some new tires on it, and changed fluids throughout. Next couple of projects on the list are all new brakes, new steering linkage as all the rod ends have crumbled away.

Look forward to being around and sharing this refreshing as I go along.

Pictures from when I got it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Reef Green Cherokee

Re: New member intro 76 Cherokee

Pictures from a quick clean and new tires and data plate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Reef Green Cherokee

Any help identifying the interior would be great I’ve been scouring the forum and internet for details on it to see if I can find a similar one for redoing the fronts. If it’s original to it which I believe it is.

sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum! Looks amazing after the wash.

How many miles on the clock? Post pics of interior if you got any, we love pictures here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

Chubbinius

Post by Chubbinius »

Welcome and wow, that green looks amazing after the wash! I like the sheen to it.
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Topic author
Reef Green Cherokee

Showing just over 60k on it. Judging by the stack of service receipts it had in the glove box along with all the owners manuals I’d say that’s probably pretty accurate.

Little device garage in La Grande did routine oil and everything, it’s all in there. From talking to the grandson in law. It was last registered in ‘11 by him and it was just to keep it current. Otherwise they just kept it in one of the barns and moved it occasionally.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

That looks real nice! Welcome to the forum. :-bd
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac