FNG here from Wyoming

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
wyocherokee

FNG here from Wyoming

Post by wyocherokee » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:28 pm

Howdy folks,

after waiting for 2 weeks for approval at the other FSJ site, i came over here and was Instantly approved!

I just picked up an 89 GW, that has been a dream of mine since i knew they existed. The body is a bit rough, but the interior is in great shape aside from the headliner and HVAC. It spent it whole life in South Dakota at a hunt camp. It sat for 5 years before we got it from a friend who purchased it from SD. I had to replace the alternator as soon as i got it home(went with a powermaster from BJ's) and it was clocked wrong, so i fabbed up a ground wire from the alternator case to the block. Once i get some more time ill re-clock it to use the factory brace. Gave it a tune-up and some gas treatment(full tank that sat for 5 years) and it runs decently. I drove it for about 4 or 5 hours, and my wife stole it and has been driving it all week. its got some stumbling when cold, and a bad exhaust leak, but im sure ill have to rebuild the carb and change the exhaust from manifold gasket down. pics to come. Apparently mine are to big to upload.
2021-06-03 test.jpg
2021-06-01 test 1.jpg
2021-06-05 test.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
89 GW all stock. Custom game carrier and 12v pass through wiring from the PO

freehold

Re: FNG here from Wyoming

Post by freehold » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Love the pics--welcome to the insanity! Glad your pups have a new backseat home.
1987 GW, 201k miles, AMC 360 engine rebuilt 61k ago, all more or less bone stock
1997 Grand Cherokee ZJ, 243k and still going
When it rains, I drive an MDX

Topic author
wyocherokee

Post by wyocherokee » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:55 pm

freehold wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:47 pm
Love the pics--welcome to the insanity! Glad your pups have a new backseat home.
More room than our Xj for sure!

oregonphil

Post by oregonphil » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Welcome to the fold. We bought our Wagoneer just for our two German Shepard's and just left the back seat out permanently.

Topic author
wyocherokee

Post by wyocherokee » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:59 pm

oregonphil wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:38 pm
Welcome to the fold. We bought our Wagoneer just for our two German Shepard's and just left the back seat out permanently.
I bet. ill probably just fold it forward when not camping and leave it setup when we go. Gives a little more cargo sepparation for their safety