1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Phils67

Re: 1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Post by Phils67 »

Same here. Would love to find an original console
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Awsome project!!

Chubbinius

Post by Chubbinius »

66Stepside, oh my goodness! That's a great find! Just looking at the picture of the new sacrificial jeep there are nearly a dozen parts I'd love to buy off it! If you decide to part with any of it please, please let me know...(console, shifter knob &button, steering wheel, chrome steering column collar, headlight switch bezel, rearview mirror, door mirrors). Too awesome!
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

They pop up every once in a while, but not often enough. One day I might dig through the stash and see what’s left over and sell unneeded parts after the bulk of my builds are done.

It wasn’t fun pulling that t case out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

Lmao, I was just going to post the same request for a console, for my '65 panel...
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Isn't the super console the same/similar (?) As the Jeepster commando?

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

jaber wrote:Lmao, I was just going to post the same request for a console, for my '65 panel...
Hahaha, that would be awesome! Bill would probably love to add that to the haul o’ parts he has to deliver to you!

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Isn't the super console the same/similar (?) As the Jeepster commando?

Yeah, similar, but not the same.

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

66stepside wrote:
jaber wrote:Lmao, I was just going to post the same request for a console, for my '65 panel...
Hahaha, that would be awesome! Bill would probably love to add that to the haul o’ parts he has to deliver to you!

Bill was very pleased with your visit. He talked very highly of you and the 4 door cab. He watched over my shoulder as I built the Cummins J20. I just converted the 58 f100 we are building to 4 link rear this week. He is so fun to work with...
Again, thank you sir...
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

jaber wrote:
66stepside wrote:

Bill was very pleased with your visit. He talked very highly of you and the 4 door cab. He watched over my shoulder as I built the Cummins J20. I just converted the 58 f100 we are building to 4 link rear this week. He is so fun to work with...
Again, thank you sir...

He and his family were very nice- we swapped a few stories and some tall tales- he showed me some of his photos on his phone, too. Keep us all posted on the progress of that Panel build! You are very welcome.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I finally got around to swapping in two matching amber lenses for my off road lights- no more Heterochromia! Lol.

Oops, posted on the wrong thread. Sorry!

mud89

Post by mud89 »

You keep on finding awesome rigs !
Did you buy this 1414X only for parts ?
Is the paint and trim codes plate still on the firewall ?
Would you mind sharing the codes ?
This late 1414X are scarce and there is uncertainty concerning the body paints (It's more obvious for the earlier 69 which have the "avocado mist" color)
By the way there is a very good article by Jim Allen about Supers and Custom Special in the spring edition of the magazine "the dispatcher"
J10 81, J10 77, CJ7 80, Gladiator 64, Wagoneer 65, ZJ 5.9
parts vehicles : wagoneer 63, cherokee Golden eagle

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

mud89 wrote:You keep on finding awesome rigs !
This late 1414X are scarce and there is uncertainty concerning the body paints (It's more obvious for the earlier 69 which have the "avocado mist" color)
By the way there is a very good article by Jim Allen about Supers and Custom Special in the spring edition of the magazine "the dispatcher"
I just bought the parts off of it, if it were closer, I would’ve probably brought it home.

I had never seen upholstery quite like this one.

Jim sent me a copy of that magazine- it was very detailed. I sensed you were instrumental in information!?

EDIT:

Where does the Special Order Badge go on the vehicle? I found it under the passenger's seat. I thought it was a lucky find after all these years.

Crankyolman

Post by Crankyolman »

It may be different for earlier models but on my '72 the special order badge is under the hood on the drivers side firewall. If you look close you can see it in the upper left corner of this picture above where the wiring harness passes through the firewall.

Here is a close up
'72 J4500

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Crankyolman wrote:It may be different for earlier models but on my '72 the special order badge is under the hood on the drivers side firewall. If you look close you can see it in the upper left corner of this picture above where the wiring harness passes through the firewall.

Here is a close up
Thanks! That’s what I thought, but after finding it in such good condition, I wasn’t sure. I appreciate it!

mud89

Post by mud89 »

66stepside wrote:
I just bought the parts off of it, if it were closer, I would’ve probably brought it home.

Jim sent me a copy of that magazine- it was very detailed. I sensed you were instrumental in information!?
Yes i provided some infos for this article, it was very interesting to have some exchanges and sharings on the subject with Jim
We exchanged some docs a few years ago

EDIT:
66stepside wrote: Where does the Special Order Badge go on the vehicle? I found it under the passenger's seat. I thought it was a lucky find after all these years.
The spêcial order plate is either on the left door jamb just below the VIN plate or on the firewall, my understanding is that the firewall location concerns only the late examples like said Crankyolman. These plates were discontinued for '73, the special order number being on the VIN plate itself

IIRC the 1414X was built in december 70
J10 81, J10 77, CJ7 80, Gladiator 64, Wagoneer 65, ZJ 5.9
parts vehicles : wagoneer 63, cherokee Golden eagle

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

mud89 wrote:
66stepside wrote:

Yes i provided some infos for this article, it was very interesting to have some exchanges and sharings on the subject with Jim
We exchanged some docs a few years ago

EDIT:
66stepside wrote: Where does the Special Order Badge go on the vehicle? I found it under the passenger's seat. I thought it was a lucky find after all these years.
The spêcial order plate is either on the left door jamb just below the VIN plate or on the firewall, my understanding is that the firewall location concerns only the late examples like said Crankyolman. These plates were discontinued for '73, the special order number being on the VIN plate itself

IIRC the 1414X was built in december 70
Merci Beaucoup Mud89!

Crankyolman

Post by Crankyolman »

I just realized I said upper left corner of the picture, it is actually upper right of the picture, but I think you probably figured that out.
'72 J4500

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Crankyolman wrote:I just realized I said upper left corner of the picture, it is actually upper right of the picture, but I think you probably figured that out.

It’s all good. Thanks for the info!

It’s time to get back to it. On the to do list today is front clip alignment, front clip body mounts, driver’s side fender installation, dash mock up with all the bolts necessary.

If I can get all that done in a timely manner, I’ll tackle bolting down all the engine bay fender periphery- PCM/ECU, radiator overflow, aircleaner, etc.

Edit:

Not bad.

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

I forgot you're going Thriftside on this one! Cool! For a second, I thought you'd thrown a solid D44 under the front...then I remembered the Chevy half tons use 6 lugs too, albeit a different pattern.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.