1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
66stepside

Re: 1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Post by 66stepside »

44bz wrote:Which truck is that green one? I don’t recognize it but love that tailgate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s the backside of the quad cab. Haha, I had to shuffle the jeeps so I can get my space cleaned up for the next round o’ mods!

Here’s a pic I snapped as I towed it to the front of the side drive:

Phils67

Post by Phils67 »

Looking at the pic, this just popped in my head. Since the flare will be 2" further back, do you think the door will hit it when its opened all the way? The rear portion of the fender looks pretty thin. If it does it could be cured with limit straps I assume, I know mine open 90 degrees and end up over the rear of the fender. Just food for thought. I am curious as to how this is going to turn out and real excited to see the final product. The work looks great so far
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Phil, THAT is the burning question in my mind! I tucked the rear of the fender flare (that sits closest to the door’s edge) into the fender by about 3/4” +/- in the hopes the door wouldn’t hit it when opened all the way. The initial mock up seemed to be ok BUT nothing was bolted into place! I’m on pins and needles waiting until I can bolt it all together for the final fit.

I also still need to drill into the fender in order to have it bolt from underneath to the bottom of the cab, too. I hope I can do all that this weekend.

Basic primer to cover the welds. There’s still a ton of body work to do on the fenders to get them presentable, though.

On a side note: I wouldn’t use bed flares to stretch the front fender flares again, while it worked, it would’ve been less work to use front fender flares. They don’t line up/match up so easily.

Edit:

It fits with 3/4” to spare at the flare. About 1/2 clearance at the side of the fender- so I have to be careful on how and where I place the emblems there. Whew, that was close.

Another edit:

Emblem mock up time:

Later 60’s rigs placed them higher the the early 60’s stuff.

1968 example:

1965 example:

1963 example:

Where I think I will put the emblems on this one:

The two inner boxes will be the location... for now.

Konig_Gladiator

Post by Konig_Gladiator »

Those fenders look familiar!!!

Thanks! I dug into the widening of the fenders-

Then my phone got cold and killed the battery. More pics to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
73 J2000

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Konig_Gladiator wrote:Those fenders look familiar!!!

Haha, they should! How’s your Jeep project coming along? Need some 1 ton axles?! Haha!

Konig_Gladiator

Haha if I wanted it to take way longer I'd throw the tons under it! And I just bought new 5 lug wheels for it. Now that the snow is melting I should be able to drag it home from athol though. Just been buying a ton of parts from rock auto. The fun part should be the complete re-wire.

73 J2000

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Konig_Gladiator wrote:Haha if I wanted it to take way longer I'd throw the tons under it! And I just bought new 5 lug wheels for it. Now that the snow is melting I should be able to drag it home from athol though. Just been buying a ton of parts from rock auto. The fun part should be the complete re-wire.

I’ll be glad when the snow is gone. Wiring is the “best” part of a build! Hahaha

Konig_Gladiator

I'm not terrible at it but I've never 100% gutted a vehicle and put in a harness. Harness comes today so I'll be sitting down and going through everything to get familiar. My dad is letting me use his side driveway since my place has nowhere to put the truck. Trying not to have it parked there for too long. You can see how bad the current wiring is. Only thing working is the ignition system, and i'm even surprised that works considering had the PO has it wired. No lights or gauges. Step 1 is get the braking system sorted then install the lift. Then wiring. I'll let ya know when its at the house if ya want to swing by and have a look at it.

73 J2000

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Konig_Gladiator wrote:I'm not terrible at it but I've never 100% gutted a vehicle and put in a harness. Harness comes today so I'll be sitting down and going through everything to get familiar. My dad is letting me use his side driveway since my place has nowhere to put the truck. Trying not to have it parked there for too long. You can see how bad the current wiring is. Only thing working is the ignition system, and i'm even surprised that works considering had the PO has it wired. No lights or gauges. Step 1 is get the braking system sorted then install the lift. Then wiring. I'll let ya know when its at the house if ya want to swing by and have a look at it.

That harness does need a bit of work! Are you going with a painless harness, or something else?

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

I like them valve covers.

Konig_Gladiator

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:I like them valve covers.Image

How much they worth to ya!!! haha :D nah I like them too, and I have some ideas for painting them
73 J2000

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Konig_Gladiator wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:I like them valve covers.Image

How much they worth to ya!!! haha :D nah I like them too, and I have some ideas for painting them
Lol! Maybe just sandblast em and clear coat?

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I’m on vacation and whittling down a self-proposed ta-do list:

Hood’s on:

Chevy brake booster is bolted up, BUT some serious adjustments are needed:

Work needed to do to the inside: brake pedal relocation/reposition, grafting the Jeep steering column bracket that usually bolts to the firewall on to the sliced up Chevy bracket so it all lines up to the dash; which is why the dash is mocked up.

Note: that’s a 64 Wagoneer dash in the 78 wagoneer body.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I’m on vacation and whittling down a self-proposed ta-do list:

Hood’s on:

Chevy brake booster is bolted up, BUT some serious adjustments are needed:

Work needed to do to the inside: brake pedal relocation/reposition, grafting the Jeep steering column bracket that usually bolts to the firewall on to the sliced up Chevy bracket so it all lines up to the dash; which is why the dash is mocked up.

Note: that’s a 64 Wagoneer dash in the 78 wagoneer body.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

If it would be easier for you, folks on IFSJA claimed about ten years back that that late model Chevy master would bolt up to an FSJ brake booster.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I had heard that, but didn’t want confusion later on about what part is what and from where.

All in all, the dash is out, so now’s the time modifications.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I had heard that, but didn’t want confusion later on about what part is what and from where.

All in all, the dash is out, so now’s the time modifications.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

The area coughed up another sacrificial Jeep. This one still had her special order badge on her- but wedges under the seat.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

The area coughed up another sacrificial Jeep. This one still had her special order badge on her- but wedged under the seat.

Edit:

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

I am extremely jealous of the console. I have always wanted to convert mine to floor shift with a factory center console. If you happen to find one that I wont have to sell a kidney to get let me know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk