FastEddie J10 restomod

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: FastEddie J10 restomod

Post by Stuka »

sonoraed wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 am
Stuka wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:48 pm
sonoraed wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 pm I used that to determine the diff gear ratio but don’t think it’s accurate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Strange, I have used it for many vehicles and its always matched right on. When you are going 35 per your speedo, does GPS from your phone say the same speed? Perhaps the speedometer is off?
To be honest haven't spent the time needed to be super accurate about the numbers, I normally use my radar detector to set up speedometers I'll go and check it today, last couple of months have been nuts,got a new hangar I've waited 17 years, then the plane went thru the annual from hell and next week it goes to northern Oregon for a GPS navcom, busy at the shop with AC installs and my wife just retired and has long list of honey do's, don't have time to die from the Wuhan :)
Oh cool, where is the new hanger at? One of those ones on the other side of the field? Gotta say I am bummed about not having the Fly-In. I know its for the best for every-bodies safety, but always look forward to going.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

It's across from the Farmory and Springfield Flying Service, I sub leased the hangar I was in which the county frowns on, nice to be in a big clean space with no clutter.
Will miss the Fly In too I had the sheriff talked into racing a police car with an airplane, seems to me shutting everything down was a bit drastic for our rural area, need to be careful but don't need to destroy the economy.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Stuka wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:09 am When I run the numbers over on http://grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

I get 1088rpm at 35mph with your setup plugged in. It also translates to 2176rpm at 70mph, which is a good range to be in for that speed.
spent the weekend reading the Dakota Digital manual and messing with setting parameters of the DD IP, did find the answer to why rpm was so low, DD says to set the input from GM ECM to 4 cylinders (not 8) and input voltage to 5v ref signal.
Now at 60 mph rpm is 2000 in 4th gear with TQ not locked,way better!
Many things still need to be tweeked like 700 R4 line pressures,fuel sender reads 333 ohms with tank full (should be 250 +-) D20 noise on decel,but fun to drive and gets a few looks!

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

sonoraed wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:08 am
Stuka wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:09 am When I run the numbers over on http://grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

I get 1088rpm at 35mph with your setup plugged in. It also translates to 2176rpm at 70mph, which is a good range to be in for that speed.
spent the weekend reading the Dakota Digital manual and messing with setting parameters of the DD IP, did find the answer to why rpm was so low, DD says to set the input from GM ECM to 4 cylinders (not 8) and input voltage to 5v ref signal.
Now at 60 mph rpm is 2000 in 4th gear with TQ not locked,way better!
Many things still need to be tweeked like 700 R4 line pressures,fuel sender reads 333 ohms with tank full (should be 250 +-) D20 noise on decel,but fun to drive and gets a few looks!
Cool, nice when things can be fixed by just flipping a setting or two.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Cool, nice when things can be fixed by just flipping a setting or two.
[/quote]

LOL wasn't quite that simple, but nice to find an answer, Dakota Digital instrument panels remind me of QuickBooks when first introduced designed to be universally flexible but need a degree in Orwellian double speak :banghead:

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Just got these badges in from a place called “billet badges” in SoCal, wanted a bit more wild like a tall J and red insert but waited so long for them , just happy to get them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Finally got around to taking truck to the first show,little get together over in Groveland,Ca. All the GOBs loved itImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Don’t think the judges knew what to make of my J10 wasn’t a hot rod wasn’t a muscle car, but people were taking lots of pictures and stopping to look at itImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oregonphil

Post by oregonphil »

Well, it is a great looking truck, it deserved an award! :-bd
77sj 401 warmed over
72 Commando basically stock
07 Siena should last forever
76 FLH just for fun

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

oregonphil wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:24 pm Well, it is a great looking truck, it deserved an award! :-bd
Thanks, been a lot of fun in my little town showing her off!

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Its a great example and will get a lot of attention--Congratulations