Door Mirror Positioning

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
millerguy76

Door Mirror Positioning

Post by millerguy76 »

Hey all

I'm looking for some assistance...I acquired a pair of stock wagoneer remote mirrors. They are the same as the electric style.
I currently have the large tripod mirrors that bracket to the middle of the door. I'm looking to replce these large door mirrors with the small remote mirrors but I want to position them exactly where they would have been from the factory.
Does anyone have something that could be used as a guide or template? Or any idieas one what I can do to correctly position these door mirrors?
Thanks
'84 Jeep J10 Laredo, 360

SJTD

Re: Door Mirror Positioning

Post by SJTD »

My doors are buried in the shed but if no one else has any ideas I'll dig one out and make some measurements.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
millerguy76

Post by millerguy76 »

that would be awesome. Lets see what kind of ideas flow in
Thank you
'84 Jeep J10 Laredo, 360

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

For '84 power mirrors the holes are about 1-7/8" from the upper bend in the door. Line through the holes parallel to that bend. Follow that line to the edge of the door and the front hole is about 2-7/8" from the front edge. These should be close enough for non-show-perfect restoration. I measured with the mirrors still installed so there may have been some parallax. I think there's a doubler on the inside of the door.

Keep in mind that these mirrors don't have a good rep for usability/visibility. Some guys have adapted bigger mirrors from other trucks.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.