1978 Cherokee

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Anvil-3

Re: 1978 Cherokee

Post by Anvil-3 »

NCStateBadger wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:09 pm I ended up ordering a 4” lift springs from Alcan.
How much did those set you back? I'm looking to be ordering springs shortly, I was eyeing the BDS kit on BJ's (can't afford their kit) but I'm looking for the best spring quality I can.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - under the knife

Topic author
NCStateBadger

Post by NCStateBadger »

The springs from Alcan were not cheap, but they are supposed to be best (according to some). The cost was $1713.00.

That was for a 4" lift with an 250 pound increase of capacity in the front and 350 pound increase in the rear over stock springs. I wanted increased payload capacity because of the additional items that I am adding. I ordered the steel Crawler bumper from BJs for the front and will mount a winch, the rear Crawler bumper from BJs that will have a mount for the spare tire, five gallon gas can and jack. I also went with new fuel tank from BJs that mounts where the spare was that holds 7 more gallons of gas than stock.

The springs were dipped unsure if I will strip and paint.
I got new u-bolts from them as well. I can't seem to find the invoice for those, but they were custom made from my measurements and adjusted for spring stack increase. they were less than $100.

I bought new shackles, drop Pitman arm, steering stabilizer, and shackle/spring bolts from BJs. I still need to buy shocks once everything is put back together and I can measure for correct length.

The BDS kit would be by far cheaper once it is all said and done. But, I wanted beefier capacity.
1978 Jeep Cherokee Quadratrac, AMC360 2 bbl.

Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

highly recommend holly sniper fuel and ignition system,i sent my dura- junk disrtibutor to check dwell slop, it was shot only 90,000 on my rig , fuel injection was a huge improvement , instant start, improved fuel mileage 3mpg not much but huge for an fsj.