Started my build

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
atkpilot1

Started my build

Post by atkpilot1 »

So i bought a 1991 site unseen and had it delivered in June. It had been sitting and was filthy. Wouldn't start b/c battery kept dying, finally figured out the pax seat motor was continually on and draining the battery. Moved it into a comfortable position and unplugged it.

Stripping the interior out to check the body on the inside. I'll have to say it's a great group to work with and I have scoured Craiglist using Csmart and found a perfect back seat. Rough front seats but have a good shop that can repair and make like new with the corduroy. I'm fortunate that i have the ability to travel easily in small plane and pick up parts. And an excuse to go to the Beach for a couple of days. Guys in Wilmington NC are very helpful.

So got it running and love driving it. Of course windows are slow, going to buy the relays from Sirrus and working on the rear window with the switch. I'm completely missing the power mirror switch and purchased a jag switch that i can use in the meantime till I find one. They are hard to find.

I have had great success with ordering parts from Team Wagoneer, I know i've heard the complaints and it is in the shop getting a 3' lift and new shocks brake lines and all that. In the meantime I changed the oil and oil pan is stripped. UGGH, no leaks before and now the shop is going to look at that too.

I'm trying to do as much as I can, but have set a moving timeline!

I'll post before and after leaf spring pics.
jeep.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

will e

Re: Started my build

Post by will e »

That's a good looking rig!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge