Wagoneer seat swap

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Jasonjoli

Wagoneer seat swap

Post by Jasonjoli »

My driver's side seat leans back and appears to be broken somewhere on the inside. I do not love the position as I feel like I'm leaning too far back and the power seat doesn't allow me to compensate for it. I am thinking of swapping out both seats are at least the driver's seat with a seat from another vehicle that has a recliner setting, but I would like to put the Wagoneer seat covers back on it. has anyone tried to do this type of swap and still retain a mostly stock look?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kerry

Re: Wagoneer seat swap

Post by Kerry »

I have. Used dodge dakota (96 I think) seats from a local scrap yard. Paid an upholsterer to create a mostly stock look. The seats are real comfortable, will recline forward if needed( I have a 2 door cherokee) but they are not the exact same style as original. They have a headrest built into them so they are a taller seat. I recall them being a direct bolt in. No adaptations needed to the mounting brackets you have.

Topic author
Jasonjoli

Post by Jasonjoli »

Kerry wrote:I have. Used dodge dakota (96 I think) seats from a local scrap yard. Paid an upholsterer to create a mostly stock look. The seats are real comfortable, will recline forward if needed( I have a 2 door cherokee) but they are not the exact same style as original. They have a headrest built into them so they are a taller seat. I recall them being a direct bolt in. No adaptations needed to the mounting brackets you have.
Interesting. Thank you. I will check them out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kansasboy001

Post by kansasboy001 »

1st Gen (2005 and older) pt cruiser seats are a bolt in as well. Just have to remove or trim down the plastic trim panel and the bottom of the seats to clear the tyranny hump. Convertible models have seats that tilt forward as well
1983 Cherokee Laredo. 360/ 727/ np228/ Junkyard 7427 TBI/ Msd ignition

78 WIDETRAC

Post by 78 WIDETRAC »

Does anybody know if 1995ish zj Grand Cherokee seats will work in our jeeps? I'm sure with modifications anything will work. Mostly wondering if anyone has used them.
91 Grand Wagoneer
89 Grand Wagoneer
80 Golden Hawk
81 Cherokee