Rustys Offroad Shocks

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Knucklehead

Rustys Offroad Shocks

Post by Knucklehead »

Anyone have any experience with shocks from Rustys Offroad?

Specifically these

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Rustys Offroad Shocks

Post by Stuka »

I had used their older style shocks, but not those. Those actually look similar to Fox shocks, which may be the case. As Rusty's does not make everything they sell, some stuff is re-badged.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

I have been searching for reviews of them for the last hour or so and have found Zero Reviews of them. They look very similar to the FOA Emulsion Shocks but not identical.

http://f-o-a.com/shop/index.php?main_pa ... ucts_id=18

Topic author
Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Holy Crap!!! Was going to order a pair of the shocks from Rusty's along with some mounting tabs and they want $39 shipping!!! :shock: Thats just a tad bit high I think, but the problem is, the next choice in shocks are Bilstein 5150's from Summit and they are as much as the shocks/tabs and shipping from Rustys. :banghead: I absolutely hate getting bent over on shipping costs.

lindel

Post by lindel »

If you're going the Bilstein route, check with www.topguncustomz.com
Lindel

ClovisMan

Post by ClovisMan »

Knucklehead wrote:Holy Crap!!! Was going to order a pair of the shocks from Rusty's along with some mounting tabs and they want $39 shipping!!! :shock: Thats just a tad bit high I think, but the problem is, the next choice in shocks are Bilstein 5150's from Summit and they are as much as the shocks/tabs and shipping from Rustys. :banghead: I absolutely hate getting bent over on shipping costs.
If you call Rusty's and make your order, they will qoute you actual shipping costs instead of what their online calculator says. I thought the same thing when I used their online cart to order AAL's. The shipping was outragous. I called them and ordered over the phone and the shipping was like half the online amount.
88 Grand Wagoneer - The Money Pit - 360/727/NP208 - SOA/SF - Lots of other stuff SOLD
78 Cherokee Chief - Copper - 360/TH400/Quadratrac - 4 inch BDS lift - 33 inch tires SOLD

Topic author
Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

ClovisMan wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:Holy Crap!!! Was going to order a pair of the shocks from Rusty's along with some mounting tabs and they want $39 shipping!!! :shock: Thats just a tad bit high I think, but the problem is, the next choice in shocks are Bilstein 5150's from Summit and they are as much as the shocks/tabs and shipping from Rustys. :banghead: I absolutely hate getting bent over on shipping costs.
If you call Rusty's and make your order, they will qoute you actual shipping costs instead of what their online calculator says. I thought the same thing when I used their online cart to order AAL's. The shipping was outragous. I called them and ordered over the phone and the shipping was like half the online amount.
Thanks for the hint. I will give them a call to order.

Topic author
Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Did some more digging around and decided to go with Bilstein 5125's. Got them for $73/ea.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Knucklehead wrote:Did some more digging around and decided to go with Bilstein 5125's. Got them for $73/ea.
You should be happy with those, great shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ