SOA/High Steer

Modified FSJ Tech Area

ClovisMan

Re: SOA/High Steer

Post by ClovisMan »

carnuck wrote:Careful! There are 2 different sized caliper banjo bolts! Find out what yours are first or you will have a leak/danger or no fit situation on your hands!

I used '77 Blazer hoses on my '84 J10.
The GM and the Jeep GW use the exact same calipers as in the same part number and everything....so they will fit.
88 Grand Wagoneer - The Money Pit - 360/727/NP208 - SOA/SF - Lots of other stuff SOLD
78 Cherokee Chief - Copper - 360/TH400/Quadratrac - 4 inch BDS lift - 33 inch tires SOLD

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

Not all years are the same, even on GMs. I was both a brake tech and brake warehouse guy.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

Topic author
Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Did a little more digging and poking around. The 90 k2500 hoses use 10mm banjo fitting on the caliper end, but the fitting is square and does not have the ears on it like the stock Jeep part. So I took a look at the 90 Full Size Blazer front hoses. They also use a 10mm banjo fitting, and they do have the ears on them like the stock Jeep part and are 19.5" long. The stock front lines are 13.5" so the Blazer lines will give me an additional 6" of length. I am thinking the addl 6" of length should work. Do I need them any longer than that?

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

depends on your lift.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

Topic author
Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Spring over with stock springs/w add-a-leaf

Cecil14

Post by Cecil14 »

This is one of those things you really just have to measure and test. Due to variations in every vehicle/lift/spring condition/etc. no one can give you a "yay or nay" answer, unfortunately. My guess is 6" will be more than enough. If it's not take em back and trade them in for something longer.

aa
1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Topic author
Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Ended up exchanging the 90 Blazer front brake lines for the front brake lines from a 90 k2500 pickup. They are 3" longer than the Blazer lines and fit MUCH better. We just had to remove the brackets that were crimped on. Made a bunch of progress the last two days. Both new knuckles are on. Replaced a grenaded outer hub bearing. installed both new high steer arms with 1"spacers. Built the new steering links. Cut/swapped and re welded the sway bar mounts to the spring plates. Reattached the sway bar. We do need to swap the rear springs sise for side. We found we have one rear spring that is weaker than the other. So the plan is to put the stronger spring on the drivers side since the fuel tank, which is currently out of the truck, will add a couple of hundred pounds to that side.

So here is what's left on the to-do list.

1) Install the drivers side front brake line.
2) repair leak on the rear brake line.
3) Bleed brakes.
4) Swap rear springs side for side.
5) Reinforce frame section next to the fuel tank
6) Repair and install replacement fuel tank skid and fuel tank
7) Find a front drive shaft from an early 90's Flat nose Explirer.
8) Front Shock mounts and shocks.
9) Test drive and deliver to the shop for an alignment.

Topic author
Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

The list is shorter. Its taking a long time due to Grant being busy with work and school. Will hopefully finish it up Sunday. Found a leaky outer axle seal on drivers side of the front axle that will also need to be replaced.

1) Repair leak on the rear brake line.
2) Bleed brakes.
3) Reinforce frame section next to the fuel tank
4) install fuel tank and skid
5) Find a front drive shaft from an early 90's Flat nose Explorer.
6) Test drive and deliver to the shop for an alignment.