Anyone mount Wrangler mirrors on FSJ?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
supergeess

Anyone mount Wrangler mirrors on FSJ?

Post by supergeess »

I have my stock mirrors, the small chrome square ones, and would like to mount some larger, more usuable ones.
I like the look of the 87 Wrangler mirrors. Has anyone ever made these work? I know there are some universal type mirrors out there, but I don't really like the huge chrome mirrors with the multiple mounting points. Any input is appreciated.
1977 Chief: LS1 6.0, 4L60E, NP241, SYE, Dakota Digital gauges, more to come.

Trex20165

Re: Anyone mount Wrangler mirrors on FSJ?

Post by Trex20165 »

I have also been researching how to install larger mirrors on my J10. I have been looking at this type of mirror.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370776354940?ss ... 1423.l2649

The plan is to remove the base and arm from the mirror and then try to bolt it up to the stock Wagoneer/J10 base.
Not 100% sure it will work so I have not pulled the trigger and bought mirrors yet.
1983 J10 258ci, 4-SP T177, 4 in lift on DC Crusher 35X12.5, 4.10 Dana 44s w/4 wheel disc brakes, Factory brush guard & roll bar.
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 3.0L Turbo Diesel
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10, 8.3L, 6-SP Tremec; Mostly stock. *Sold*

Topic author
supergeess

Post by supergeess »

Those are the same ones I am considering. Let me know if you try them.

ProTouring442

Post by ProTouring442 »

As long as you can get into the mirror head, I don't see why you cannot do what you are considering. Below is a post from my build where I adapted the mirrors of a Toyota to the factory bases.
ProTouring442 wrote:Well, the weather has not cooperated. Still, I had to get something done...

First up, mirrors.

A bit of looking turned up a mirror head I liked, so I bought a couple off the dreaded Ebay. They are from a '91-'97 Toyota Previa.

At first, I had planned on making a spacer to adapt them. But after some thought and a bit of guessuring, I decided I could install the mirror head on the original base. Of course, if I was wrong, the attempt would lead to the destruction of both pieces, but when has anything like that stopped me?

The result.

I don't think they turned out too badly. The transition between the new and old is a little obvious, but I have an idea to fix that. Of course, I will also be painting the base to match the mirror head.

Topic author
supergeess

Post by supergeess »

I saw your thread, which is one of the things that motivated me to move forward with this. Just trying to gather any inforamtion from anyone who might have done this already to hopefully save some time and money.