Does This Sound Like a Rough Country Lift to You?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Warlordsix

Does This Sound Like a Rough Country Lift to You?

Post by Warlordsix »

HI, guys. Quick question...I'm not certain what suspension the PO put on my '88 GW chassis. Has 3" blocks in the rear and a 7-leaf pack in the front, of which 6 of the leaves are square cut and one (the second smallest one) is tapered. I'm stumped. The tapered leaf looks like an add-a-leaf. The square cut other leaves look like they're from Rough Country, but the 3" RC lifts I see online show 4-leaf packs, not 6. Any idea what I have? I know 7-leaf packs were available from the factory on some GWs, but to my knowledge not at this lift height and not with square cut leaves.

This is underneath my Wrangler-bodied GW shortbed pickup project.

Thanks.

Ernie
suspension springs front 2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Does This Sound Like a Rough Country Lift to You?

Post by Stuka »

Do you have a photo of the full pack, or at least the front half of it?

Also, is there any label, or painted numbers on the top/bottom leaves?
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Warlordsix

Re: Does This Sound Like a Rough Country Lift to You?

Post by Warlordsix »

Thanks, Stuka. Here are the best photos I have. The first one kinda shows the suspension from the front (BTW this is after I moved the engine and driveline rearward 8.25" to make room for the YJ grill. The others show the measurements from center of spring eye to center pin. I flipped the springs to gain a couple inches of wheelbase.
jul4 2 resized.jpeg
spring flip front resized.jpeg
spring flip front 2 resized.jpeg
BTW there are no labels or other markings on the springs.

Thanks, again.

Ernie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.