Modified Gas Pedal - LS Swap with 4L60E

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Milktruck

Modified Gas Pedal - LS Swap with 4L60E

Post by Milktruck »

Hey everyone!

I've been wrapping up my LS swap and had trouble finding photos of solutions to get the "drive by wire" gas pedal for the 4L60E for reference. Thought I'd add my solution to the knowledge base here.
The solution I went like this:
1) Remove the bend in the gas pedal arm by cutting relief cuts on the "bend".
2) Use a sledge and anvil to beat the pedal straight.
3) Cut the end of the pedal off.
4) Trial mount and determine where the pedal pad end needs to be attached to get the right length.
5) Reattach the pedal pad by welding it in place.
6) Prep and paint the pedal.

I used two pieces of tubing to shim the top mounting bolt holes. That gave the appropriate angle for the pedal to match the brake pedal. The mount holes on top needed to be drilled/opened, and I used the plastic pad from the original pedal mount assembly to get the holes in the right place. The bottom hole on the GM pedal was used to align in the same place as the stock pedal. That way I could use the original mount bosses.

Pics are at the link below. Disregard the crappy welding. I know it could be better.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T3bc4Z5BWtSbGro38
1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer backdating to 78/88 blend
5.3L LS/3" Lift/Bilstein Shocks/Boobie Grille

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Modified Gas Pedal - LS Swap with 4L60E

Post by Stuka »

This thread has some photos of what somebody else did here: https://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&start=40

There is also the option of after market pedals that come in different configurations just for swaps.

EDIT: Ahh, I misread your post. You are posting up an additional way to mod an OE pedal assembly. Not asking for input on how to. But I will leave the above link for others, and both posts have good data.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ