327 / 4 BBL Intake - Carb Recommendations & Exhaust Crossover Question

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Harry Dawg

Re: 327 / 4 BBL Intake - Carb Recommendations & Exhaust Crossover Question

Post by Harry Dawg »

Well, I installed the carb using the default settings and it ran okay, but had a rough idle. At higher RPM'S it would run good, but I didn't have a fuel source hooked up yet (Running off a Jerry can on the ground.

I think part of the issue was due to under-fueling caused by the fuel source being so much lower than the mechanical pump, as it seemed like the fuel filter would never get totally full.

I have since installed a new Polyurethane tank from BJ's, along with a pull through electric fuel pump for priming.

Got a couple of things to finish up, but should be able to fire her up within the next week or so.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1968 J3500 - 1985 CJ7 - 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Liter Limited - 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
Rhino USA Brand Success Manager
South East Offroad Activist

Topic author
Harry Dawg

Re: 327 / 4 BBL Intake - Carb Recommendations & Exhaust Crossover Question

Post by Harry Dawg »

I did have another fiasco, but that was caused more by my own ignorance than the carb.

The mechanical pump was having a hard time priming the system, so I poured some gas down the vent tube to get her going. Unfortunately once the pump caught up, it caused the carb to flood big time.

So then I lowered the floats a little, which in hindsight was unnecessary as the fueling issue was caused by the bowls being too full right off the rip.

That being said, I have a few kinks to work out but should have it going soon.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1968 J3500 - 1985 CJ7 - 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Liter Limited - 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
Rhino USA Brand Success Manager
South East Offroad Activist