Fuel pump question

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Horsman

Fuel pump question

Post by Horsman »

Working on a 79 Wagoneer with a 360 AMC. The OEM fuel pump was mounted in an upside down position but I understand that would have been correct for the factory two barrel carburetor setup. Plan on adding a four barrel intake, carburetor and replacing the fuel pump on my build. Would the fuel pump eccentric be the same as the early AMC V8’s that had the fuel pump mounted in what I would call a normal position with the feed and return lines mounted on the bottom? Sorry for the dumb question but learning as I go.

Thanks in advance!
Jeff Horsman
1979 Jeep Wagoneer
1971 Cutlass SX455

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Fuel pump question

Post by Stuka »

There is no need to change the fuel pump for just changing out the carb and intake. The orientation was changed between AMC cars and Jeeps for clearance. But as far as I know, you can use either one. Just one is below the cam, and one rides above the cam.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Horsman

Re: Fuel pump question

Post by Horsman »

Stuka wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:51 pm There is no need to change the fuel pump for just changing out the carb and intake. The orientation was changed between AMC cars and Jeeps for clearance. But as far as I know, you can use either one. Just one is below the cam, and one rides above the cam.
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated!
Jeff Horsman
1979 Jeep Wagoneer
1971 Cutlass SX455