Receiver Winch Mount

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Receiver Winch Mount

Post by Fast79Chief »

Winch mount coming along nicely.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mq47Pp]Image
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

akguy09

Re: Receiver Winch Mount

Post by akguy09 »

Just curious, why not build a bumper that can hold a winch?
1979 Jeep J-10 304/T-18
2017 Jeep JK 2DR
2021 PowerWagon

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

akfuy09,
Good question. I have the 2 end pieces of my chrome factory bumper. When they are installed, only a small amount of this receiver hitch will show. I'm thinking I'll fab up a cover plate in the center so only the Square will poke through when done.
The reason I'm doing this is to have a Quick-Connect winch in a cradle that I dont have to haul around all year long. Only need it in the winter around here.
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I like it! Provide more close-up pictures.

Mmbackpacker

Post by Mmbackpacker »

I like it! I am with you, I like the look and function of the stock bumpers and don't care for a big extension on the front.
1977 Jeep Cherokee S NT
AMC 360 with Sniper EFI and stock fuel system to RobbMC surge tank
TH400
Quadratrac

Instagram: id_cherokee_s_nt

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2muZyy1]Image

Coming along. Not nearly finished yet. Going to fab up a Left and Right filler panel out of sheet metal. I can either chrome them or powder coat them when done. I also have to address the cutouts in the front valance where the P.O. had his winch brackets running back to the frame. Wish he didn't cut them up.

What do you guys think?