Direct Bolt in seat options?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
SRT6

Direct Bolt in seat options?

Post by SRT6 »

Hello. New here. I searched for a while and saw lots of cool complex seat swaps. I'm wanting to know what stock seats will bolt directly into a 1979 J10 Pickup. I would prefer a bench with a folding armrest if one exists. Thanks!

RamJetFSJ

Re: Direct Bolt in seat options?

Post by RamJetFSJ »

I don’t believe there are any direct bolt in options. Even the closest will require modifications and possibly fabrication, unfortunately. I’ve been looking for seats for my wagoneer for ages...
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

Topic author
SRT6

Post by SRT6 »

Thanks. That's so strange. Is it because it is a 79? I thought I've heard all about anything from any J-Series or Wagoneer or Original Cherokee being direct bolt even, even when you were changing bench to bucket or vice versa?

RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

Oh, yeah, sorry. I thought you meant from other vehicles.

Any full size jeep bench should bolt in. If you currently have a branch seat, you may need to look under it to be sure you have all the needed bolts to secure bucket seats.

If you have bucket seats now, a swap to bench is easy, but I don’t think one velvet came with a fold down arm rest.
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

itselliott

Post by itselliott »

Check out a Dodge Dakota.....I was able to bolt the Dakota buckets directly to Wagoneer bases. I'm thinking that perhaps a Dakota Bench (which has an armrest) might just bolt up to the J10's Bench seat legs....

Topic author
SRT6

Post by SRT6 »

Thanks! That makes more sense and is great news. I'll check out the Dodge dakota bucket/armrest swap. What gen Dakota? 97-04?