Lokar vs Jegs TV cable

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
SkylinePCG

Lokar vs Jegs TV cable

Post by SkylinePCG »

I’m in the middle of a TBI swap, and linking the transmissions TV cable to the TBI unit is a little different than it was to the carb. I could grind off the too-short stub and replace it with the previously usable bolt, BUT the long and complicated linkage would still exist.

OR I can buck up for a far simpler and proven TV cable from Lokar.

But then I see what appears to be a very similar version of the same thing sold by Jegs as a house brand, but costs far less.

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/157015/10002/-1

Does anyone have any experience with this? It almost seems to good to be true.
Last edited by SkylinePCG on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

RamJetFSJ

Re: Lokar vs Jegs TV cable

Post by RamJetFSJ »

I don’t have experience with that exact item, but I have had great experiences with Lokar products and especially their support and warranty services. They definitely stand behind their products.
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

I’d give it a shot for $33. Will probably work just fine.
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

Topic author
SkylinePCG

Post by SkylinePCG »

Ok after a little investigation, the JEGS and summit cables are made-in-China Lokar knockoffs. There’s even cheaper versions on amazon. There’s some differences too; no liner, nothing to keep the cable from fraying once you get it dialed in, and they don’t even have their own
Instruction. Just a reference to Lokars online instructions.

Itd probably work. Probably...

But an American made, lifetime warranted, major Simplification to how your transmission shifts... I’ll be bucking up for the real deal

will e

Post by will e »

SkylinePCG wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:30 pm Ok after a little investigation, the JEGS and summit cables are made-in-China Lokar knockoffs. There’s even cheaper versions on amazon. There’s some differences too; no liner, nothing to keep the cable from fraying once you get it dialed in, and they don’t even have their own
Instruction. Just a reference to Lokars online instructions.

Itd probably work. Probably...

But an American made, lifetime warranted, major Simplification to how your transmission shifts... I’ll be bucking up for the real deal
Sounds like money well spent. :)
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
SkylinePCG

Post by SkylinePCG »

Anyone hear about or use Bouchillon?

I’d never heard of them, but they seem to be held in high regard on mopar forums, where the Lokar reputation is just so-so.