front seats with integrated seat belt

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
81waggy

front seats with integrated seat belt

Post by 81waggy »

On to the next project.

I've been sitting on a complete parts jeep for a while now and decided its time to irritate the wife so I thought I would do something with it. Its an 83 Wagoneer with a 360 that I'm pretty sure is rusted solid. The body is in pretty good shape except for the front clip and the roof. So I'm thinking I'm gonna take a sawzaw to the rook and make a convertible out of it and i'll need new front seats with integrated seat belts. I know silverado seats have them but I was curious if anyone found something that was an easier swap. I was hoping to keep the center armrest flip seat, but wasn't sure what's been done before.
81 Wagoneer with a TBI 350 Vortec.
83 Wagoneer - 360 Quadratrac
69 Wagoneer - 350 Diesel trail rig
70 Wagoneer - 1414x

SJTD

Re: front seats with integrated seat belt

Post by SJTD »

My usual comments about seats with integral belts: Are you qualified to design the mounts to take the load of the bodies plus the seats in a collision? Don't make you and your family into crash test dummies.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

bigun

Post by bigun »

There was a 90s Chrysler convertible IIRC that is supposed to be the easiest wire hook up.

http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

Topic author
81waggy

Post by 81waggy »

SJTD wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:21 pm My usual comments about seats with integral belts: Are you qualified to design the mounts to take the load of the bodies plus the seats in a collision? Don't make you and your family into crash test dummies.
That'll be easier than finding an easy seat swap. Im kicking around the idea of a cj style roll cage. If I do then no need for a swap. Won't make that decision until the roof comes off.
81 Wagoneer with a TBI 350 Vortec.
83 Wagoneer - 360 Quadratrac
69 Wagoneer - 350 Diesel trail rig
70 Wagoneer - 1414x

Hunter82

Post by Hunter82 »

SJTD wrote:My usual comments about seats with integral belts: Are you qualified to design the mounts to take the load of the bodies plus the seats in a collision? Don't make you and your family into crash test dummies.
I have been thinking the same thing. I like the Silverado seats but was concerned about the mounts. I think I am going with an aftermarket seatbelt and find some Silverado seats without the belt built into it. One concern I had was the back seat and I would like to have shoulder belts for additional safety. Was thinking of building a roll cage and attaching the belts to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
78 Cherokee Widetrack with a 360 on 35s