Wide Trac Fender Flares?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Wide Trac Fender Flares?

Post by Fast79Chief »

Hello, is anyone out there reproducing the wide fender flares on a 79 Chief 2 door?

If anybody has info please post it here.

Thanks, Phil in PA
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

jpswapmohn

Re: Wide Trac Fender Flares?

Post by jpswapmohn »

Only fiberglass ones thru BJ’s and a few other vendors. No one has taken on the challenge of making metal ones.
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

jpswapmohn wrote:Only fiberglass ones thru BJ’s and a few other vendors. No one has taken on the challenge of making metal ones.
One of the big issues regarding the Front WT fender is that is a 3 piece design plus a Left and Right. Meaning 3 press/dies/forms for each..

I have seen some front Large opening Front fiberglass fenders at a reasonable cost but not sure of the qualty.

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

I have had luck finding decent front fenders. I assumed OP was referring to the ever-illusive rear flares.
I lucked out and a member sold me a set of very solid rear flares cut out of a rig. They had them in storage for years and ended up not needing them. I was going down the path of having a somewhat local (6 hrs away) use a rusted set to build a set for me before landing the ones that went into my rig..
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)