3" rough country lift

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: 3

Post by Stuka »

cpfeifffer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:39 pm Sorry if this is considered hijacking...

Do I need different bump stops on a 78 Cherokee Chief with a 4” Skyjacker lift and 33x 10.50 tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be better to ask this in a dedicated thread. But, extended bump stops are always a good idea if it will be used for more than just street of fire road usage. Keep the tires out of the fenders, and prevent over compressing a spring.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

irondawg

Re: 3" rough country lift

Post by irondawg »

Stuka wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:52 pm
irondawg wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:54 am A bit off topic but related question...Is anyone adding bump stop extensions?

I've done some math and I think the axle at full articulation with the stock bump stops there's a good chance the shackles would 'flip' and get stuck. Happened to a buddy with a '80s Land Cruiser. He bought some 'anti-reverse' shackles so that wouldn't happen but I figure adding bump stop extensions would work the same. On newer Jeeps with lifts, most kits come with extensions.
Nobody makes pre-made bump stop extensions specifically for our vehicles. But there are universal ones that can work.
Thanks. I was about to make some out of rectangle aluminum beam but I'll check for the universals first.
1978 Cherokee Chief WT in a thousand pieces
Previous Jeep: 2001 Grand Cherokee