89 Wagoneer: Cut wire identification

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
lattywagon

89 Wagoneer: Cut wire identification

Post by lattywagon »

The PO cut these 4 wires near the blower cage on the front passenger firewall (1989 Grand Wagoneer). I can't pinpoint them on a wiring diagram and wanted to know if anyone knows where they go. I am assuming that red and black go the passenger power seat but I don't know about the blue and brown.

Any help would be appreciated- thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tgreese

Re: 89 Wagoneer: Cut wire identification

Post by tgreese »

Presume you've looked at all the sheets for '89. There's a set of sheets for '89 on the Tom Collins site, but I don't know whether these are from the TSM or a third-party manual.

First I would measure each of the wires to see if they are hot with and without the key on. Then I would test for ground. I suspect it's a leftover from some aftermarket accessory that's now gone, like lights or a CB radio. Kinda think there would be something obvious that did not work if they were factory wiring. Also suggest you get your head down there and look where they go. If they stay separate from the factory wiring, that would indicate something aftermarket.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.