TF 727 park lock rod

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
gilbedw

TF 727 park lock rod

Post by gilbedw »

I have a TF 727 on the bench from an 85 GW. I am resealing it to put into another SJ
I pulled the valvebody out to knock out the manual valve seal. My question is about the “Park lock rod” when I reinstall the valve body.
The shop manual seems kinda casual in their instructions.
This is from the shop manual
“Insert the park lock rod through the opening in the rear of the case.
Position the knob on the end of the lock rod against the reaction plug in the sprag and exert pressure on the rod to the rear to force the rod past the sprag. Rotate the output shaft, if necesssary.”

I think I have done that. I have the valve body reinstalled. The opening in the rear of the case is hard to see into and I could not see where the end of the rod went. I can wiggle it with my fingers so it is slightly loose. Is there a way to check it on the bench? I would hate to go to the trouble of installing it and have it installed wrong.
I am looking for a warm fuzzy feeling which I do not now have now.
Thanks for your help.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: TF 727 park lock rod

Post by rocklaurence »

With my experience it wont fit together unless its correct. Shift the valve body into Park and make sure the output shaft is locked.

Topic author
gilbedw

Re: TF 727 park lock rod

Post by gilbedw »

Thanks.
I did not have it park when I installed the valve body but there was some resistance from spring tension. I can not rotate the output shaft with it in park so I guess I am good to go?