2 inch Add a leaf with blocks in the rear ? Body lift questions

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
candymancan

2 inch Add a leaf with blocks in the rear ? Body lift questions

Post by candymancan »

So im close to my goal for the funds i need to get some 31s on. Im doing a 2 inch AAL from rustys long springs because i dont want to replace my brand new OEM springs i got 3 years ago. Feels like a waste of money to me. 31s should fit just fine with me back factory height and 2 inch lift on top of it.

Im 100% confident in the front, but since the rears of our wagoneers have quarter panel wheel wells that sit 2 inchs lower then the front wheel wells. (If you dont believe me just measure it) This is what causes the illusion of the rear sagging when it isnt.

This 2 inchs though could possibly but probably not cause issues and i dont want to do trimming. Do you guys think itd be ok to put 1 inch blocks in the rear ? On top of the 2 inch add a leaf ? So my front will have 2 inchs and the rear 3.

I know with 3 inchs ill probly have to get longer break lines and i might get them for the front too. But yea, thinking of doing this to help offset that illusion of the rear sagging and for the lower wheel wells to have more room for the bigger tires.

Also what are you takes on body lifts ? I was thinking of doing a 1 inch body loft. Nothing crazy just 1 inch. Im replacing all my body mounts the tops are fine not cracked or squished But the bottoms are litterally gone on every mount and my metal mounts are rusted and gone so i gatta replace every one of the top parts of the mounts. I actually have replacements from the 79 cherokee i cut all the body mounts off.

Would i need to adjust the shift linkages for the transfercase ? The transmission or thr throttle valve cable ? And all that crap.. or would i get away without adjustment for 1 inch ? Just curious what you guys think. Ill probly not do a body lift but im just curious of cheaper ways to lift my Jeep without spending 1400$ on a 4 inch lift and wasting the 1000$ on my current new springs.

I actually wouldnt mind going to 33x10.5s and im curious if those would fit on 2 front 3 rear with a 1 inch body lift. Anyway sorry lots of wuestions. But i need your guys input
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)