Team Grand Wagoneer Question

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
vitaminc914

Team Grand Wagoneer Question

Post by vitaminc914 »

Does anyone know who owns Team Grand Wagoneer? I would like to reach the owner.

tgreese

Re: Team Grand Wagoneer Question

Post by tgreese »

No idea. Did you search old posts?

https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB ... ntact+info+
https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3Afs ... 7547B87596

Click "submit" once. If the forum hangs, wait or use the back button. Your post will be there.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I would suggest you call them? I have never had any dealings with them. And to my knowledge, they are not a member here.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Hspencer

Post by Hspencer »

Good luck, from my experience they can be hard to reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1988 GW
1984 Wagoneer(SJ)
2008 JK

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

This seems to be the norm. They have very few people actually working the customer support side. From what I've read, they can be slow to respond, hard to get in contact with (gotta be persistent), and sometimes slow shipping.

There is a reason I've only dealt with BJ's off road.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
vitaminc914

Post by vitaminc914 »

dodgerammit wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:33 pm This seems to be the norm. They have very few people actually working the customer support side. From what I've read, they can be slow to respond, hard to get in contact with (gotta be persistent), and sometimes slow shipping.

I like that BJs can txt and respond quick. Unfortunately, BJs doesn't always have what I need. So are TGW and BJs the only 2 places to buy FSJ Parts at a reasonable price?
1989 GW Complete
1990 GW (Sold)
1987 GW Restoration mode
1967 M725 (Sold)
1996 H1 T/D Wagon

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Ebay is where I find stuff that isn't repopped. Sometimes you have to be patient.
Many times, a part is way overpriced. They are trying to cash in hard on the interest of these things. I don't support scalpers.

I also am on a couple of FB groups and know 2-3 people there that have a good selection of parts.

There is a place called Jeeprecyclers in NC that also has original stuff, but they can be pricey sometimes. They have a website I think they are also on FB.

You can also post up want ads here in the classifieds section. I have done that with some success. If not Wagoneer specific, say an engine part, etc, you can also hit up theamcforum.com and post up wanted ads there.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

vitaminc914 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:36 pm
dodgerammit wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:33 pm This seems to be the norm. They have very few people actually working the customer support side. From what I've read, they can be slow to respond, hard to get in contact with (gotta be persistent), and sometimes slow shipping.

I like that BJs can txt and respond quick. Unfortunately, BJs doesn't always have what I need. So are TGW and BJs the only 2 places to buy FSJ Parts at a reasonable price?
For FSJ only parts, there is BJ's and TGW, but as I recall Z&M is still selling stuff. And then we have people that create a few specific parts.

For other parts, I have bought replacement stuff from Rock Auto and such before when Napa could not get them.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

GrandW

Post by GrandW »

+1 on Bj's for excellent customer service.

There's also fsj jeep parts.com
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Ive ordered a few things from team grand wagoneer.. never had real issues other then slow shipping. Took like a week to even ship my parts though. I think they make them when the orders come in rather then stocking it all no oher reason i can think of for shipping that slow
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Take this as you will. I have seen enough negative about them since they arrived on scene several years ago that I simply do not buy from them. Actually, my attitude towards them is screw you. Yep. It is hard enough to keep these beasts on the road that a sketchy vendor like them can take a hike. I have done a fair amount of business with BJs over the years and bumped heads maybe 2 or 3 times but it gets worked out. It is always a communication issue. One listening and one maybe not so much. ;)
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

I’ve bought enough stuff from both TGW and BJs.

I prefer BJs because they are closer (I usually get my parts in 1-2 days from order day) and in general their prices are lower or same as TGW. Dealt with BJs customer support couple times - it’s ok, wouldn’t call it fantastic.

TGW can be slow with shipping your order, it usually takes some time to get a response and after you add shipping cost it’s more expensive than BJs. However they have some things that BJs doesn’t.

So usually I check BJs first, and if I can’t find what I’m looking for I order from TGW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

ArchitectJS

Post by ArchitectJS »

Sometimes TGW has the part while BJs doesn’t not.

Ordered from them multiple times. Never had a problem.

Now, what about FSJeepparts? Anybody ever use them?
1982 Cherokee, base (Bumppo)
AMC 258 / A727 - AMC 20 / NP208
Holley Sniper with Hyperspark
3" Rough County Lift

j10builder

Post by j10builder »

I recently purchased a few items from Team Grand Wagoneer. The shipment arrived in a reasonable amount of time but the front brake lines they sent were for an earlier model FSJ. I checked and made sure that what I ordered was correct for my truck, it was. They shipped the wrong part. I called, a woman answered and we discussed part numbers. She said she would "have to speak to her supervisor and would call me back later". That call never came. I called the next day and was kicked to voice mail, two calls and two different voice mails in fact. I called again a couple days later and got the same woman who was polite and told me she was "still waiting to hear back from her supervisor". Have you ever been blatantly lied to and known it in your gut? This should be a simple part exchange. The 3rd time we spoke she said she would MAIL me the return form. That was two weeks ago. No form, no return call. I now own the wrong brake lines. We all make mistakes but come on. You're in the parts business and this is how an exchange is handled?
I find Team Grand Wagoneer to be unprofessional and outright liars. This strikes me as a part time operation that doesn't care about its reputation. I will continue to business with BJ's.Their prices are reasonable for the niche market they serve and they clearly care about their reputation.
'81' J10 w/all the good same year J20 stuff

riozilla

Post by riozilla »

I generally agree with you that their customer service is atrocious. I try hard to give all of my business just to BJ’s, but sometimes I reluctantly order from TGW when BJ’s doesn’t carry something.

I had an experience yesterday, where I had to return a part to TGW and found them responsive to email. They promptly emailed me the return form PDF (your RMA number is your order number), and I sent the part back.

It remains to be seen how they actually handle it once they receive it (if I actually get my refund or store credit), or if I have to chase them down. Let me know if you need me to send you the RMA form.

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Call the credit card company. The charge would be credited and you would then posses the brake lines that TGW owns. Let them worry about sending you the paid shipping sticker if they want their parts back.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

j10builder

Post by j10builder »

I've thrown it into the "live and learn" pile. I can make (or buy used) different front brake line mounts and use the older style lines with the c clips mounts instead of the nut used on later models. It's the lack of concern and the run around. If I tell someone I'll call, I do. If I make a mistake and it's pointed out to me, I address it to the best of my ability. It comes down to keeping ones word which is a principal I hold in high regard. Just do what you say you will. Even if you can't fix it, address it, don't be dodgy. Anyway, enough on all that, driving forward now. Just thought I'd share the experience.

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

You can do that but it does noting toward getting them to improve their customer service. Don't be a willing victim.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Kowpie

Post by Kowpie »

I appreciate the information. It would seem that as a business that caters to an ever shrinking market segment, such as ours, customer service would be paramount. If not, their share will shrink faster. Those, such as myself, who are purchasing a LOT of components to bring an older rig back to life will steer clear.
Thanks
'65 Wagoneer, 230 OHC, IFS, Column Shift T90/D20
'73 J4000, 6000#, 258, T18/D20, 33", full disc.
'79 CJ7, 304, T18/D20, 35", 4.56, SOA, shackle reversal.

j10builder

Post by j10builder »

SJTD wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:36 am You can do that but it does noting toward getting them to improve their customer service. Don't be a willing victim.
A willing victim?! Pfft. That's the whole reason I'm posting my experience. I'm also not going to waste the time to crusade against someone I don't know, or care about over $75. I'm making the part work and I've done what I can to warn others.
Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. TGW will not get another opportunity with me and the community have been warned. And to quote Forrest Gump "Thats just about all I've got to say about that."