No power at the fuse box

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
a_robert_b

No power at the fuse box

Post by a_robert_b »

Hey everyone,

Finally got around to installing my new engine wiring harness from Z&M Jeeps on my '83 J10 (258) and I am running into a bit of an issue.

After consulting a wiring diagram I ran the two grounds from my battery (one grounded to the alternator, the other to the body), and a lead from the positive terminal of my battery to the starter solenoid. From there I attached the yellow fusible link wire to the same side of the starter solenoid I did the positive lead from the battery.

here is where it gets funky.

Using a test light, I have power through the wiring harness which plugs into the backside of the fuse box. but once I plug in the wiring harness there is no power coming through the other side of the fuse box into the cab. Turn the key, no dash lights come on. Test at the fuse for hazard lights and the clock, still nothing.

Everything worked fine with the old harness, checked all of the fuses and still nothing.

At this point, I don't need to start the engine, I just need to check which wires in the engine bay are hot when the key is turned. Is there any wiring I missed to get power into the cab and to the key?

If anyone has any ideas it would be a great help
1983 j10 Sportside